Show us your GT LTS dh`s ??

Question for Crud, Fingers and Jimi ?

What lb spring rate are you running? And how much tension do you have on the spring? ( How much thread showing above the trunction?

Cheers

Mine is still siezed solid...

So I would appreciate any info here too...

My LTS1 has an 800 Ib spring IIRC,

Hmmm .... Well I was lead to believe the shock was knackered but plenty of wd40 and the adjuster is fully working now, The damping is good but its pretty soft when pushing down on it. The spring rate is 550lb? Also the spring was under hardly any tension? :?

Yeah, you need to put a good bit of preload on and wind the body through the trunnion to give a nice head angle. On my lts 1 winding the shock up through the trunnion to give a slack angle also seems to soften it...

slack angle also seems to soften it

Hmmm well I have it off now ...will clean it all up and put it back on ...So putting the spring under tension makes it softer? :?

Does 550lb spring sound soft to you?

i have the 550 spring, fine for me, 12.5 stone

if you preload it it makes the rear stiffer , i think what fingers is sayin is when you adjust your preload it, the bike angle differs, more of your weght is over the rear and i suppose it might feel more active?

i always have the spring slack, the boxxers lift up the front end a lot already, it i start winding in the spring il end up with a chopper :LOL: and just muck about with the compression and rebound settings.

fingers":71e10ox6 said:
My LTS1 has an 800 Ib spring IIRC,
:shock: 800lb sounds mental! Swapped my 750lb out for a 500lb on the LTS-2000 and it suits me much better now (I weigh 66kg).

daj":71e10ox6 said:
Should we organise a retro downhill meet

Be a giggle ...As long as there not these modern Eddie Eagle courses!!!!
I'm totally in support of this idea! As long as it's after the end of September, when my thesis has been handed in.

Back