Show us your Gravel Bikes

retroJIM

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
If we leave out the whole "it's just a 90's MTB with drop bars" thing, is anyone interested in modern Gravel Bikes? I've had a couple and confess that now I'm older they tend to be the bike I use the most.

I've considered a build thread but not sure if anyone would be interested?

Yes I really like my gravel bike.

If I had to sell every bike and keep one it would be a gravel as it can be used for most things

I put 650b wheels and 2” tyres on my cyclocross bike and called it a gravel bike. Then I realised I rode it a lot so bought a 650b gravel bike.

It gets ridden a lot more than other bikes.

I got a lot of use out of a Canondale CAADX for a couple of years (which seemed to sort of bridge the gap between cyclocross and gravel) and recently upgraded it to a Fiftyone Assassin, fantastic bike for ripping up local byways and bridleways as well as loading up with camping gear and taking on longer adventures too.

I had one and found that it made me ride much more from home compared to my modern MTB's. It was great fun re-riding routes I hadn't bothered with for years.

Couldn't get on with drops in the end though so changed it for a carbon XC HT which was just as good at most things and better off road. Sold that and am looking at a XC FS instead.

Back