Show us your disc modded retro

Modded my Rocky Mountain with some modern gears.
*A2Z for the Rear Disc Brake conversion.
*Front fork with built-in Disc Brake.
*RedShift Suspension stem to absorb some bumps and to maintain original headset angle.
*Hookworm tires for the ultimate urban street rollers.

I need some proper decals to finish it off..

1000000346.jpg 1000000362.jpg 1000000376.jpg 1000000371.jpg

Throwing my hat into the ring I should say NO. No to butchering models from the past to give them an up to date make over.
But make over is all it is as you certainly cant make an old steed ride like a modern bike, geometry is all wrong.

So maybe no to long travel forks, wide bars, but as to brakes as in the disc variety, well perhaps that is ok, after all we have Hope's C2 No2 caliper, designed to put a disc on a non disc frame. So upgrading the braking system bitd would be a normal thing to do

Rear end of my 1998 clockwork
The front end had a Z2 bomber, so discs were on the front at least. LBS suggested the No2 after i picked up the rear wheel in a swop and needed to find some way of mounting a brake to the non disc frame.

!999 Orange clockwork.jpg

Throwing my hat into the ring I should say NO. No to butchering models from the past to give them an up to date make over.
But make over is all it is as you certainly cant make an old steed ride like a modern bike, geometry is all wrong.

So maybe no to long travel forks, wide bars, but as to brakes as in the disc variety, well perhaps that is ok, after all we have Hope's C2 No2 caliper, designed to put a disc on a non disc frame. So upgrading the braking system bitd would be a normal thing to do

Rear end of my 1998 clockwork
The front end had a Z2 bomber, so discs were on the front at least. LBS suggested the No2 after i picked up the rear wheel in a swop and needed to find some way of mounting a brake to the non disc frame.

View attachment 856760
I’d like to see the rest of that, do you have a thread for it?
I totally agree with your view on the disc thing, admittedly yours is totally reversible should anyone ever want rim brakes back so yours isn’t vandalism unlike mine lol

Back