Show us your…. Shiny parts

It used to be a mainstay practical in school science. You don't see it much nowadays.
That would be something. I wish I was taught that in science or physics class.

Do you have some kind of tutorial for me?
There is discussion (and sometimes monologue) in my Serotta ATi build thread the processes of anodization and what is needed. There is good info on Youtube all day long. I have a lot of new respect for the people out there who can do this commercially with robot-consistent results as there are so many variables which can ruin the final product and hours of prep work.

This walk-through is ok if you have access to battery acid/hydroflouric acid. For the EU people, and where I am located I use the NaHSO4 & NaOH which can be found anywhere in the pool maintenance or tile maintenance section at virtually any hardware store or on our global overlord website, Amazon. Non-battery acid people can go here to get started: http://www.observationsblog.com/sci...izing-and-dying-aluminum-without-battery-acid

Yesterday, I anodized my Michael Dengler brake bridge for my Mag 21 SL forks. The bridge started its life in teal blue, but the previous owner removed the anodization and had it again anodized silver/naked. Too boring. I went with a 3DV attempt. First go was all messed up. In the sunlight, the purple is outstanding. Camera really doesn't do justice without some kind of post production in photoshop. Kind of a hard color (red too) to get right. Blue, greens and golds seem to be more forgiving. Anyhow, let me know what you all think? Also working on Kooka Racha's and original SRP aluminum/titanium canti's.

3O1F4809.JPG 3O1F4812.JPG 3O1F4816.JPG 3O1F4824.JPG

Back