Show us what you did today, thread

Good to see on Strava that you’re getting out again. Pretty sure you’re actually gaining weight cycling though. Most of your rides seem to alcohol fuelled! Reliving your teenage years?
That last one was a bit much and completely unplanned, we've taken lock down pretty strictly so it was just good to see old faces and it is easier to chat sitting at a table face to face/pint. My youngest has suddenly got the bug, he's turned all the bikes tubeless and I've never had so many punctures in my life! I also really need to re-learn Pitmedden, so much is unfamiliar now.

Generally a 15 to 20 mile ride with a beer stop - most of mine are Nanny State etc so alc free and under 50 cals :) I'm still getting fatter though.

I also really need to re-learn Pitmedden, so much is unfamiliar now.

Lost a lot of trails below Heart of Darkness with the last load of felling. On the plus side there are some great new trails past the wee quarry at the north east end.
If you haven’t already, then check out Trailforks. App charges now but website is still free. Check out Gruffalo’s Child and Flow, really nice trails.

Went exploring up Glen Lethnot near Edzell, trying to get over into Glen Esk. Path is on all three generations of my OS map but I was buggered if I could find it.
Was all going well on an obvious estate track until I had a feeling I was heading in a circular direction. Checked GPS and I was heading up a track that wasn’t on the map. It’s all grouse moor up there and the scale of the track building is unbelievable. Back tracked to where track should have been but just found a sheep field. Walked through a bit following the gps track but no sign of anything. It was marked on map as a single dash, and if you’ve experience of Scottish maps you’ll be well aware this can mean anything from a three lane motorway to a path someone saw a rabbit walk down once 100 years ago. This one really was just a thistly, bracken moor covered in sheep shit. According to the map it was 5-6kn of this until it turned into a double track, if that even existed. Now I know Epicyclo would have relished this but pushing a 25kg ebike I decided against it.
So back the way I came.
Found a nice rock to sit on and enjoy an apricot jam tart while I searched for plan B. Latest version of the map on my phone showed another route over into Glen Esk further down the road I’d came in on, so back down the glen and up a nondescript farm track. At the top of the hill the view opened up and I thanked god for my motor as I could see what was to come. Climb to top of East Whirren would have taken my an hour and a half or more of grunting and pushing. On the Whyte I was up at the summit in 30 minutes including photo stop. Descent was classic warp speed estate track and had my brakes cooking from constantly bleeding speed off. Thankfully the map was correct and popped me out exactly where I expected and I was back on familiar ground for a spin down the road back to Edzell.
First photo is only 2/3rds the way up the climb and second one is only 1/3 of the way down the other side.
1793BB50-B2C4-44B1-AA30-FA28111C4160.jpeg 1E4D836C-8662-41B2-A4D0-1BA68D1068C1.jpeg

Last day off today before the summer silly season at work. Up exploring the easy side of the Ballo enduro network. Still some very dark reds, especially with the amount of new jumps being added. Way above my level of testicular fortitude in places.
Nice blue stuff though, as long as you don’t mind roots.

View from the top of the Craigs is pretty special as well.
DE2C0725-1438-4142-A996-1B5DC719D365.jpeg EE1CB275-808D-45F9-A165-157514C17ECB.jpeg

Last day off today before the summer silly season at work. Up exploring the easy side of the Ballo enduro network. Still some very dark reds, especially with the amount of new jumps being added. Way above my level of testicular fortitude in places.
Nice blue stuff though, as long as you don’t mind roots.

View from the top of the Craigs is pretty special as well.
View attachment 553175View attachment 553176

Beautiful scenery.

Back