Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Hope Global Fatbike Day was a success Jamie?

I could have done with one of your Kayaks this morning instead of my Mtb :LOL:
I parked up in my van and sat there for 20 minutes as the rain hammered down, then the hail, and I was just thinking I should cancel my ride and go home when the rain eased and then stopped, so the ride was Go!
The ground was very wet, most of the trails were like rivers, my mudguards did a reasonable job, but feet were soaked within 10 minutes, not ideal, but the merino socks helped stave off the worst of the cold.
I think I spent almost as long washing my bike and myself once back home as I did riding :LOL:

Attachments

• 20201205_090817.jpg
    20201205_090817.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_20201205_112301_815.jpg
    IMG_20201205_112301_815.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 250
  • 20201205_085333.jpg
    20201205_085333.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 20201205_085253.jpg
    20201205_085253.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 250
Looking good Jimo :)
Looks very similar to ours with all that water.
It rained all the way down to Brians and all through the ride and then all the way home, from 7am to 6.30pm. Some amount of water.

Jamie

Re:

Furthest I got today was a 5 mile (each way!!!!) ride to the offy for 4 cans of falling down water as I was gasping for a pint this afternoon, but couldn't get out until I'd finished messing around in the garage at 7pm. Car currently in workshop, so time for serious lights on the SARACEN and a quick return journey the the very excellent Fetterey Shoppe for a Merlot :xmas-big-grin:

Attachments

• shoppe.jpg
    shoppe.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 239
Re:

My recent purchase. Only picked it up a couple of days ago. Needs work but I’m projectless right now so it fits the bill perfectly. Just had a look back through the posts as I’ve been busy with my new job and not been on for a few weeks. Nice to see everyone is still getting out and about. Some fab pics a usual. I think I need to up my picture game. As I mentioned, I’ve got a new job, my commute before was around 26 miles each way ( for over 12yrs). My new job is just over a couple each way so will be able to use the bike for work. Just need to decide which one? I’ll update with a few pics as the GT takes shape. Hope everyone is safe and well.

Attachments

• 3EE30FCB-5374-41EA-81DC-2F4F68442CD7.jpeg
    3EE30FCB-5374-41EA-81DC-2F4F68442CD7.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 219
Re:

Holy duck, what’s up the bar and stem!? Didn’t realise they did a time trial version!
Nice find, never one in yellow before. I’ve an STS that I’ve had since new in 1997. Lovely bikes.

Edit, just noticed tyres are on the wrong wheels as well. Look original though, that’s what mine came with.

Re:

I wondered how long it would take for someone to spot the tyres lol. No idea what the guy was thinking but the stems upside down too. Like I said it needs work. It does seem pretty original though with the exception of the saddle, pedals (the reflectors flash when you pedal lol) and the bar ends which are all cheap tat. Not sure what to do with this one? I need to machine up a bush for the rear chainstay linkage as there’s some play in the non drive side one. Other than that??? Swap out the tat and fix the bars and tyres? Or go for a full rebuild/upgrade? I need to be careful though, the wife says she likes the look of it, if I make it too nice she might just claim it for herself! Seems to be a common occurrence in my house.

Re:

The bars look like Jones Loop bars , you planning on some bikepacking on it? ;)
Looks in good nick though, you could get away with doing very little, or could go down the rabbit hole of upgrading every component. If you're thinking of using it for work though I'd opt for the former.

Re:

Mmmmm I’ve been down that hole a few times on previous builds, not sure I’m ready to venture in again just now. Plan A sounds good to me though. Once over, sort out the few issues that annoy me, ride, enjoy.

Latest posts

Back