Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Wish I could be bothered stopping to take pics, it's always good when you see where you guys have been.

Never ridden a bike with U-brakes, what are they like power-wise compared to firstly cantis, v-brakes?
Are they a pain to set up? I had to set up a set of Rollercam brakes once on a Cannondale years ago. One of the early 24"/26" wheeled bikes, twas a pain.

Re:

There's a reason they only lasted a couple of years :LOL:

Terrible to set up, terrible in mud and no great advantage over canti's. I still bought my Stumpjumper mainly because it had a U-brake :facepalm:

Re:

OK, thanks. Not that I was thinking of getting a U-brake bike. Don't even think I could ever ride a bike without disc brakes again unless it was a road bike but again that's no gonnae happen. :mrgreen:

Re:

But you're missing out on the glorious uncertainty that Canti's/U-brakes bring to a wet muddy ride as you hurtle uncontrollably towards a closed gate in the trail :LOL:

Re:

I had enough of that pant-filling fear when I had my MK2 VW Scirocco injection. It only went away when I replaced front discs with the bigger 16v Golf GTI ones but more importantly threw tae feck the rear DRUM brakes and replaced them with Golf GTI rear disc brakes. The Scirocco had the same 112bhp 1.8 l injection engine as GTI but shite brakes. No more "oh my gaaawwd, am gonnae die" moments.

love my ubrakes, superb stopping power and no maintenance or adjustment. they do eat through rims tho be carefull what pads you use

Re:

Dropped the Mrs, Daughter, and her friend off at Hampden Park to see a Rhianna concert earlier (I wasn't invited, something about too much booty shakin' goin on :( :LOL: ).

So I've headed up to Cathkin Braes Mtb trails, just finished lap 2, it's a decent xc course (built for the 2014 Commonwealth Games), pretty tame in places, but a couple of the drops sections made me glad I was on a 140mm full bounce bike!

Best part though is the view over Glasgow...

Attachments

• IMG_20160627_202248.jpg
    IMG_20160627_202248.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 334

Latest posts

Back