Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Looks fab Gmac. Love that area. Spent a few holidays in a wee croft just up the dead end road from Poolewe.

Re: Re:

RobMac":54sfgb5d said:
In my defence I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that Clubbys half my age, twice the tire width, twice tire diameter and twice as ugly :?

If that's really the case, you're doing no bad for an 84 year old.

Great pics Jamie and GMac. Been a while since I've been north of Pitlochry. Need to fix that soon!

I'm sayin' nowt about ugliness though. It would just bring out the jealousy! :LOL:

Re:

Gmac, awesome photos! I had to have a look at the rest of them on Flickr too :)

Jamie, nothing in Durness is ever open :LOL: was last there 2 summers ago camping, same story then.

Re:

Yes, those pics are brilliant, thanks to Jamie and gmac for posting them.

The pics looking over to the campsite reminded me of the approach over the causeway. We walked in from Loch Maree which we'd paddled across in 2 open Canadian canoes. Did a climb on the crag behind Carnmore bothy then bivvied outside bothy as it was covered in horse shit.

What a wonderful place to be, where you can relax in the wilderness. Thanks for reminding me. :D

cheers lads, tis a brilliant country, a little sunshine makes it look amazing

sounds braw OCP, been a while since I'd seen Loch Marie, whata place stunning! Carmore looked busy, so glad we had the tents, Shenavall must have had a dozen tents outside it

Great pics Gmac :)
Looks like a great ride and a perfect weekend for camping.
Long may it continue :)

Jamie

Re:

Spent yesterday evening riding the 2nd Ride to the Sun, a 100 mile trip from Carlisle to Cramond. Caught the train from Glasgow down to Carlisle with plenty of time to spare, decided to take it easy and headed off at the back of 7. Quite soon we were whistling along through Gretna, Lockerbie and on to Moffat for the chip shop stop. After the munchies it was straight up the Devils Beeftub which whilst a long climb, isn't too bad and we weren't unduly troubled by having just eaten. The food must have given us a perk up as we hoofed the next section to the Crook Inn for the bannana stop. This was a lovely looooong downhill and very much fun. After this the road undulated a bit more or maybe just felt like it, this was around shutting time for the pubs and Penicuik served up and entree with the main course being passing through the centre of Edinburgh at 2am. After a few wrong turnings and a tourist tour of the hotspots we managed to get to Cramond for 3. Feeling shattered a well earned bacon roll and a sweet tea hit with the revive. We bid farewell to one of our cadre as he was pedalling back to Biggar! We headed down to the beach for sun up and a free beer! A second wind caught us and feeling quite good wound our way back into Edinburgh for about 5. Station closed we decided to head up Calton Hill which at that time of the morning is spectacular. Fortunately the Weatherspoons opened at 6 and breakfast and free refill coffee was served. All in all a rather special event and I can't recommend it highly enough, great course and organisation which is all voluntary (the ride itself is free). Anyway if you've managed to read all that here are the pics.
Ride to the Sun by Bigbroondug, on Flickr

.. Ride to the Sun by Bigbroondug, on Flickr

Back