Show us what you did today, thread

My knees love singlespeeding :)
As for breathing out my arse, I do that naturally, Its how I speak and breath ;)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":3dxkw4bx said:
That Salsa is very nice looking but I dot know what all that guff is on the back right chainstay ;)

Jamie

It's one of those instant de-chaining devices.

It's to deter chaps from getting manly feelings and start lusting after a proper bike like a 1x1 singlespeed.

Apparently when the manliness quotient exceeds a certain limit (the scientific formula is when MQ approaches > G.I.R.L.Y). The rider gets a twiddly feeling in his fingers and this moves a lever of the handlebar which causes the chain to automatically derail.

Then the rider smites his man apparatus on his top tube. This then reduces the flow of vital juices to the manly gland, and thoughts of singlespeeds vanish, and mighty religious oaths are uttered.

As we all know, proper gears (all 3 of them) are neatly concealed in the rear hub and are operated by levers on the downtube.

(As we all know, proper gears are neatly concealed in the rear hub and are operated by levers on the down tube.)

How perverse

Re:

Brian........ you almost had me believing you for a minute there!!

please can you enlighten me with the definition for your "G.I.R.L.Y." acronym......?

(this should be good!!) :LOL:

velofrog":2qd2pl9j said:
dyna-ti":2qd2pl9j said:
What is the actual diameter of the 650b mtb rims :? i have something i want to measure, need an exact.
Dyna, the rims are 584mm diameter

Cheers for that.

The Ti
Im sure its 26" but the wheels do look rather small, though thats probably the giant frame :?
There's 35mm clearance between the outer edge of the tyre and the inside edges of the bridges.
Standard 26" rim outside edge to outside edge(How you measured ?) is 570mm. Rim is a 317d
584mm means thats 7mm overall :?

Im guessing youre all going to be scratching your heads on these sizes, but im working on what i actually have in the frame at its finished size- outside to outside.
As in ive 30mm to play with, or less or dependent on the tyre :?

Reason for it all is, either a whole new bike in 27 or 29 flavours but if i could get a bigger wheel in i can go for a different fork size.
Now is the time to see before i order it from pace.

Bike-

Attachments

• RIMG0735 (Custom).JPG
    RIMG0735 (Custom).JPG
    138 KB · Views: 321
Re:

Epicyclo wrote:
As we all know, proper gears (all 3 of them) are neatly concealed in the rear hub and are operated by levers on the downtube.

The proper place for a 3 speed epicyclic shifter is on the handlebars or top tube NOT the down tube, next he'll be suggesting single gears and baloon tyres, I mean really :roll:

Re: Re:

velomaniac":30f53kwk said:
Epicyclo wrote:

The proper place for a 3 speed epicyclic shifter is on the handlebars or top tube NOT the down tube, next he'll be suggesting single gears and baloon tyres, I mean really :roll:

Who do you think started putting shifters on the downtube first? :)

S-A still make them.

Re:

Yes but the 'everybody knows' bit only works for those riding bikes before 1940 and even then the shifter still made today is not of the type used back then. Pre 1938 before the first 3 speed trigger shifter on the handlebar was the famous Quadrant shifter usually mounted on the top tube. I accept a downtube version of the quadrant may have been created but the 3 speed indexed downtube shifter that is still made today was not made back in the day to my knowledge though I accept I could be wrong. The current 3 speed index shifter also used as a thumb shifter and bar end shifter dependent on mount is a product of S-A's new parent company Sunrace.
I am a pedant, I know this, but on retrobike I am not alone and the only way to learn is either to ask questions or challenge statements and be re-educated ;)

Latest posts

Back