Show us what you did today, thread

Rumble":x1ps92b9 said:
I think the original forks were actually a whopping 55mm travel, but I wouldn't worry about 80. That's what i've got on my sunn hardtail and it feels great. And the citron rims look great on a polished sunn ;)

Oddly despite the original catalogue etc saying it is chromed it is actually a sort of satin finish steel. It's the same frame as the Xircuit

IMG_0118 by http://www.flickr.com/people/79511894@N07/

Maybe a better idea to get it apart instead :? its sticking or stuck maybe oil and pressure would help,but on the other hand may cause untold horrors.

Tazio":38vxuupz said:
velomaniac":38vxuupz said:
Nice :cool:

However its a softail with a rigid fork which is a bit counter intuative :?

Correct, though the forks are a temporary thing just to get it on the move. It needs short travel forks, preferably 63mm but due to their scarcity they will probably end up with an 80mm. I was going to buy a set of Pace RC36 from Mr Panda but ran out of time/funds before I went to Oz. And I still need to get my wheels for it it made. Mavic 517 Citron with XT739 hubs. Then it will be a full XT739 build.

FFTC the forks are fine, I've used them on a couple of builds as they are my "back of the cupboard emergency forks. Very direct steering on them.

If you want to stick with 63mm you could go for Marzocchi Z2's, always thought the Elastomer Pace (and Manitou) forks to be pretty pish TBH.

Had a blue Xircuit a couple of years ago, lovely thing, swapped the whole bike for a San An frame which i got nowhere with :roll:

Would love that bike now, the frame turned up for sale again minus it's stickers and rare head badge, broke my hart that did :(, was going to ask the seller what the hell happened to it but did'nt bother.

Agree the pace forks are not as good as the zocks but they are much more in keeping with the frame and if you are a lighter rider the elastomer RC35/36's are ok ishhh.

clockworkgazz":20njzrg2 said:
Agree the pace forks are not as good as the zocks but they are much more in keeping with the frame and if you are a lighter rider the elastomer RC35/36's are ok ishhh.

I fancy the Pace forks for a few reasons.
I love the look of them and think they would be right.
They are lighter and the bike is currently coming in at 23lb minus the chain and cabling so with them I should stay in the low to mid twenties.
It will never be thrashed so I can live with any shortfalls, my thrasher bike has Marzocchis on it.
And I've never owned a pair.

Today I finally did something I've been meaning to do for ages.

I upgraded my bicycle tools toolbox from this..

IMGP0241.jpg

to this..

IMGP0237.jpg

IMGP0242.jpg

:mrgreen:

Now I just need to get my finger out and use the tools to finish the
kili for Sunday. :LOL:

Back