Show us what you did today, thread

Looks great Tazio :)

The early Proflex (which was pretty much a softail) had rigid forks although with a Flexstem, i think most ended up with suspension forks though.

velomaniac":3j51tb7l said:
Nice :cool:

However its a softail with a rigid fork which is a bit counter intuative :?

Correct, though the forks are a temporary thing just to get it on the move. It needs short travel forks, preferably 63mm but due to their scarcity they will probably end up with an 80mm. I was going to buy a set of Pace RC36 from Mr Panda but ran out of time/funds before I went to Oz. And I still need to get my wheels for it it made. Mavic 517 Citron with XT739 hubs. Then it will be a full XT739 build.

FFTC the forks are fine, I've used them on a couple of builds as they are my "back of the cupboard emergency forks. Very direct steering on them.

Looks great taz, thought those sunns were tre cool bitd, remember the french team had some top riders in the early nineties and im always a sucker for a rear wishbone. Agree pace forks would look the shizz on that frame.

I think the original forks were actually a whopping 55mm travel, but I wouldn't worry about 80. That's what i've got on my sunn hardtail and it feels great. And the citron rims look great on a polished sunn ;)

dyna-ti":1amxluph said:
Very nice indeed Taz,just love that type of soft tail :cool:
whats the travel there :?

It claims to be a whopping 25mm.

It's currently 0mm :oops:

Having a few issues getting it moving but I'm hoping that a ride with some release oil in it will make something move.

Back