Show us what you did today, thread

firedfromthecircus":204fqvh6 said:
Very nice ZZ. :cool:
Looks pretty decent. What size is it?
No sure Barry, I'll break out the tape measure tomorrow. 21-22" At a guess.

I do like the retro risers. 620mm wide too, weird that they moved away from them and went narrow. Never really understood why 580mm flat bars became the standard for so bloody long.

The width thing was all based round the width of your shoulders CtC of each shoulder any wider and your arms acted like a parachute, any narrower and it would restrict your breathing.

Good weekend

Back from a good weekend!
Friday freezing cold and very wet, saturday much better. River was flowing fast and fairly choppy in places. Roughed camped on an island on Friday night. Lots of debris floating about and some stuck in the various rapids which combined with the high water made some of the rapids more exciting than usual.
Brilliant!

Jamie

A couple of pics
IMG_3418.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

A nice sunny ending in Spey bay

Hi all

Hi guys
Yeah, it wouldn't look as exotic if you panned the camera round and seen all the people wandering the beach with big jackets and hats on. It was lovely though, just a tad bracing in the wind ;) The friday was truly baltic and I dont think I shivered that much in a while :LOL: Friday say us going down the washing machine rapids in drysuites, just in case :roll:
That canoe is my mate Boonie's, as we had someone pull out the day before we decided rather than the two of us go solo that we would just throw everything into his and share. Worked a treat and cool to be at the front for a change. It is a Ranger from memory, 16ft, mine is a 14ft Old Town Guide.
Jamie

Nice canoe and pictures jamie you backwoods hero you........... very 'Deliverance' :LOL:

Nice bike ZZ, there's me dead pleased i found 1 deerhead XT shifter in the BikeStation and you get a complete bikes worth :roll:

I think the narrow bar bit came from XC racing where you need to squeeze past your fellow racers. Wide riser bars belong to the earlier original DH races which were one man against the clock.

Thanks for the heads-up Velo, might be worth a wee trip in although I've got 29er tyres coming out the wazzoo.

Measured the Rockhopper last night, 22.5" C-T seat tube, and 22.5" C-C top tube. Feels like a pretty good fit to me. The dearhead is in not bad nick, although fair bit of surface rust on the canti bolts. Possibly weak spring on rear mech too. I've begain stripping it back to the frame, give it a good clean and treat the rust spots.

In terms of period amber walls - Spesh Ground Controls, Farmer Johns, Timbuk IIs - anything else I'm missing from that list?

Back