Show us what you did today, thread

clockworkgazz":13bj36na said:
great bike and nice build, do you like the ride?

Cheers Gary. Some folk just have good taste, eh? ;)

:LOL:

Just been out the last two afternoons after work on it.
Really enjoying it so far. It's my first 29er and my first proper off road ss, so quite a bit to get used to in one go, but so far so good.
Getting better at steering it now after a couple of dodgy corners on the first trip out. :shock:
It is really smooth over the ruts though, and it does roll very nicely. There is a section on my local trails that is a real slow bone-shaker on my modern 26, and that's with 2.35 tyres and the best sus forks I've ever had, but the monkey just flies along it. If you had told me how smooth it would be in comparison, I wouldn't have believed you!

How you getting on with yours?

Surly's Rule

Its a lovely monkey as they all are ;)
There seems to be getting a bit of love in the macretro clan for Surly.
I am sure Velo will be next with a KM, he seems to have the 29 bug and was eyeing Gaz's closely on the weekend.
I like the change of avatar as well :D

Jamie

LHT

Hi Rob
I forgot about your Trucker :oops: See even more Surly love :)
I've one too, a 46cm Hill Street Blue :D
I bought the frame new from the proceeds of selling the Koga Miyata World Traveller last year.
Great Bikes.
Jamie

firedfromthecircus":1ytqpkxa said:
clockworkgazz":1ytqpkxa said:
great bike and nice build, do you like the ride?

Cheers Gary. Some folk just have good taste, eh? ;)

:LOL:

Just been out the last two afternoons after work on it.
Really enjoying it so far. It's my first 29er and my first proper off road ss, so quite a bit to get used to in one go, but so far so good.
Getting better at steering it now after a couple of dodgy corners on the first trip out. :shock:
It is really smooth over the ruts though, and it does roll very nicely. There is a section on my local trails that is a real slow bone-shaker on my modern 26, and that's with 2.35 tyres and the best sus forks I've ever had, but the monkey just flies along it. If you had told me how smooth it would be in comparison, I wouldn't have believed you!

How you getting on with yours?

yeah smooths out all but the most brutal of terrain, really handled the weekend in the highlands superbly, \I do like the gears and could get some bounce one day but no rush at the moment. I did find the front to be a tad heavy to lift so put mary bars on and that has been a real revelation- love surly long time.

Get us a pics of your long hauls folks ;)

I dont have a up to date photo (yet) :?
IMG_1014.jpg

The Surly Pacer also gets good press :) the new disc trucker looks good too.

Back