Show us what you did today, thread

Headed down to Kirroughtree today, had the place all to myself! Top day out again, its a funny place, its more satisfying than fun and it always feels better a good bit post ride. Its definitely a place for riding with a group, minced out a few bits fearing I'd be stuck in the back of beyond if summat happened. Was pleasantly surprised though that I didn't feel as beat up as the last two times I've been, managed to get round with one stop for a bite and a couple of quick picture breaks.

6853006193_ee94a0db8b_b.jpg

6853061151_6922f55c0b_b.jpg

6853018193_e4b6aa9168_z.jpg

Looks like the fitness training paying off then K? I'm curious to see how I am now I'm back in training ...might only blow out my tea towel holder ater 100mtrs instead of the normal 50!

Well in chiefy - how was the Kona? Hard work after the vicious, or does it climb ok?

I don't think I've been to the strange cuboid bit either, where is it?

Thats at the top of the Blackcraigs descent, would normally just ride past. Kona climbs fine, good on the more technical stuff but the extra weight is apparent on the drags. Performed quite well, the heavy tyres allowed me to hit the rocks quite hard without fear of p*******s, its a keeper just now, going to lighten it up and use for the longer distance stuff like 10UTB for instance and maybe Torridon. I'll probably rob the Salsa of some lighter bits. Certainly the wheels and maybe the combo shifter/brakes off of the 29er. Could probably loose a lb with the bars/stem/post/saddle.

The Ken":10bo5i5p said:
This was yesterday's training ride - wish I'd had more than my phone camera...

TayRailBridge.jpg

great pic for a camera phone, had a beautiful foggy view from the summit of the ardochrig (wind farm) yesterday. another wish I had a camera moment

Back