Show us what you did today, thread

The Ken":q5tpfuxz said:
What year is the ibis K? I thought it was 86/7 - mtb seatposts were easily available by then, but the fashion wasn't to have them that long, I think most were 300 tops.
You need a hite-rite on the ibis too :)

I have a Hite Rite waiting :) Whilst the might have been easily available then they aren't noo, IRD and pre XC Suntours were it. American classics, Strong and SR's were carry over from the road.

I unpacked my latest project today and put it in the build queue! :D

The ex clockworkgazz Saracen Kili comp.

IMG_0203-1.jpg

Many thanks to Gary for a smooth deal and to Rob (I think) for stepping aside to let me add it to the fleet. I have some parts for the build already but still have a few things I will need to get. ;)
Hopefully it will be at a MacRetro meet near you in the new year.

Looking good, glad it got to you ok, mind and post some pics when it is built up, the bike was just a wee bit small for me but if a larger one comes up I will be all over it. The wishbone rear gives it a really springy ride feels almost like you have a wee bit of rear suspension on the beastie.

Love your tools in the background, really nice wheel jig and a large rubber hammer, all you need is some allen keys and you have everything you will ever need for bike repair :LOL:

clockworkgazz":1zy0zkzm said:
Love your tools in the background, really nice wheel jig and a large rubber hammer, all you need is some allen keys and you have everything you will ever need for bike repair :LOL:

:LOL: They are just out of shot.
I will do a build thread on it once I have decided which direction it will be going. Looking forward to riding it soon hopefully so I can feel the spring myself.

ZZ, the stumpy is going single speed, so unless the meets are really flat I can't see it coming out. :cry: Love that bike though. Bought it new in '97 and don't think I'll ever get rid. Hope to do a wee build thread on that soon too. I have now got all the parts I needed so just need to build it. :roll:

Rob. Normally I would say bring it, but seeing as you are Chuck Norris approved I think I'll pass this time. I'll just need to stay out of Fife I guess.
Shouldn't be too much of a hardship. :LOL:

jeezus not another generalized fan

:LOL:

singlespeeds get used quite often on macretro rideouts
as they're lighter to push
the winter season opener is a fine s/s friendly meet

Late 80's punk on vinyl? Never clicked your username until I recognised the cover, "doctor and the crippens" flatmate was into them when I lived in edinburgh.

Back