Show us what you did today, thread

Looks good G, how close to set up is that? I.E bars and post(not the front mech :twisted:)

Just thru it together to see how it looks, will cable up in the week and see if stem, forks etc work out, frame was .1 lbs lighter than the saracen, which was surprizing given the much bigger frame.

Tazio":odtwiniy said:
Nice, very nice.

Is the dark green and red colour scheme for christmas?

Its more of a bluey colour with a hint of green thru it, less horrible than it sounds :LOL:

Up and down the street on it without chain and it feels and handles very much like the yo (stem seems perfect mikee). The pace forks feel better than they did on the saracen so they might stay for a bit, however there is not much in the way of gong clearance but hey ho got 3 kids dont want any more anyway.

clockworkgazz":3oqdbjop said:
Tazio":3oqdbjop said:
Nice, very nice.

Is the dark green and red colour scheme for christmas?

Its more of a bluey colour with a hint of green thru it, less horrible than it sounds :LOL:

Up and down the street on it without chain and it feels and handles very much like the yo (stem seems perfect mikee). The pace forks feel better than they did on the saracen so they might stay for a bit, however there is not much in the way of gong clearance but hey ho got 3 kids dont want any more anyway.

Of course if you hated the Pace forks you should get rid of them. And it would be a shame if they left Scotland *cough*

Happy to swap them for some bombers ;) they are ok on the bike but just not beefy enough for my bulk.

You were right mikee, that rear end is stiff as billio, does climb like stink and I do love the handling which is surprizing as it is a bit of a gate however the saracen is a magic carpet ride in comparison.

clockworkgazz":2vf7zz1o said:
Happy to swap them for some bombers ;) they are ok on the bike but just not beefy enough for my bulk.

The chance of me having bombers with a long enough steerer would be some where between bugger all and feck all chance.

And one of my sets is needing a good look at and the others are 100mm so would be too long for the DeKerf. Shame as they are a nice red that would suit it.

I've pretty much made my mind up though that a set of short travel RC36's are the way to go though.

Will give you first refusal if I find some bombers, i paid £70 for them and would be looking to get my dosh back if that fits your budget?

clockworkgazz":30zjkoza said:
Will give you first refusal if I find some bombers, i paid £70 for them and would be looking to get my dosh back if that fits your budget?

Pretty much bang on my budget. I'll keep my eyes on the situation.

Tazio":aqfuppzy said:
clockworkgazz":aqfuppzy said:

The chance of me having bombers with a long enough steerer would be some where between bugger all and feck all chance.

And one of my sets is needing a good look at and the others are 100mm so would be too long for the DeKerf. Shame as they are a nice red that would suit it.

I've pretty much made my mind up though that a set of short travel RC36's are the way to go though.

I might have a spare set if Gash doesnae wanna sell you his :D

Back