Show us what you did today, thread

ahh its obviously spelt DEKERF

by the way a kerf is american for a split or a crack , true

I think it's only ZigZags ass thats been on general show,is this some sort of fetish ass appreciation club you lot are forming? :shock:

Started work on a scam to make the Sunn look like it has more 98 XT than it really has.

A 98 chainset would be a bit more money than I want to pay so I got a Deore LX from 98 for £12 from Rio in the for sale section. Visually it looks almost identical to the 98 4 arm except it has a black big ring instead of silver.

So I've rubbed it down at 400 wet and dry to get rid of the worst scratches and marks and lose the LX decals. I've got some 800, 1600 and steel wool in work. I don't want to to go down the Autosol route as I think that I should be able to get it to a matt finish that will be almost the same as the frame.

Here it is after a quick rubdown with 400

Attachments

• 400.JPG
    400.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 97
Being an impatient type I've just given then a vigorous rub with one of those yellow and green kitchen scourer things and managed to get rid of pretty much all of the sanding marks already.

So after that the wire wool is completely out the equation now, too rough I think. This might be easier than I'd feared.

Back