show off your Tourers

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I like tourers. I like them a lot. Versatility - a bit of off road whilst still fast and comfortable on road. Plus there's all the add ons and shiny parts to be had.

Show off your best here so I can blatantly rip off ideas for my own build.

Re:

Triumph Fixie/Tourer

Sounds awful, is very good in reality.

Used as a tourer and daily commuter. Super comfy if rather slow (max speed 28 mph before I spin out). Modern wheels, mudguards and rack mean low maintenance. Rear light is a modified motorcycle tail lamp.

Shown at Leysdown whilst exploring the Isle of Sheppy.

Heavily modded 1990 Marin Palisades. Extra braze-ons and repaint in stove enamel by Chas May. Magura HS77 drop bar brakes took a year to find. 25lbs with rack and guards! Handles beautifully even at over 40mph downhill with 4 panniers and a barbag.

Attachments

• flamme rouge small.JPG
    flamme rouge small.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 635
But on a serious note, my CX Jake has mounts for all touring requirements. was thinking what with the triple rings and more robust nature of everything, what are the downsides if any? Already has a triple front and a 32T on the back. Appreciate not the most stylish but solid. Trebz started a nice trailer thread a while back which gave food for thought re overnight unassisted wifeless peace trips.

Re: Re:

jon w":3m09g5qd said:
Triumph Fixie/Tourer

Sounds awful, is very good in reality.

Used as a tourer and daily commuter. Super comfy if rather slow (max speed 28 mph before I spin out). Modern wheels, mudguards and rack mean low maintenance. Rear light is a modified motorcycle tail lamp.

Shown at Leysdown whilst exploring the Isle of Sheppy.
Luv it. Vintage with aero wheels. In theory its so wrong, in practice its cool

The History Man":vk7lyayn said:
But on a serious note, my CX Jake has mounts for all touring requirements. was thinking what with the triple rings and more robust nature of everything, what are the downsides if any? Already has a triple front and a 32T on the back.

The only possible problem I can expect is that the rear stays might be a bit short and pannier / canti / heel clearance may be tricky. One to try out, a CX frame would make a good starting point.

Well, since you asked...

jT7IGdO.jpg

Latest posts

Back