Show me your Raleigh's

2nd ever Raleigh here in my possession. 1st one is a normal Technium. But today, I scored this beautiful Raleigh USA Ti Titanium "John Tomac" MTI 2000 model for - lets say: half the price I usually see (well known branded) titanium mountain bikes ever start from! At first, I was quite unsure about it - especially because I found my absolute dream Merlin only 2 weeks ago. I didnt know whether I would really like it or not. But I have to admit: the more I look at it, the more I like it quite a bit.

This was more of a: "I dont know anything about this model, really. But I THINK I should have to have it in my collection. Could be worth something and could eventually be growing pricewise". Maybe you guys can provide me with more info about this particular model. Its a full XTR M900, Mag 21 forks that work perfectly and its been barely ridden! Very very low mileage.

The seller (2nd owner) told me he got it directly from the sales director of Raleigh and Wheeler (I think it was) Germany / Europe. He claimed, this was / is the very first one of its kind that was owned by anyone in Europe. What the hell do I know!!!???

View attachment 654789
View attachment 654790

View attachment 654791
Absolutely beauty stunning mate - love it ! All it lacks are the Tioga forks but they’re as rare as hens teeth.

I do have a Raleigh to show too...
A Raleigh USA M450 from 1995.
Raleigh M450 1995.jpg
According legends they have hired that year a painter from Klein, maybe not true, but obviously the paint job reminds heavily at Backfire paintwork from Klein.

The nice, bulky colors had been the reason why i've bought it in weak condition with low entry level components. Sure, pretty cheap.
Meanwhile most is replaced with better stuff and I'm using this as colorfull Daily bike with 1x9 speed set-up.
20200508_190950.jpg
20200508_191007.jpg
20200508_182229.jpg
20200508_191029.jpg

Back