Show me your Raleigh's

Some great bikes in this thread, thought I’d read all the Raleigh ones then this one came up!

Definitely got a Raleigh Dyna-Tech road bike on my wish list, preferably a 700 from 1990/1991. I first saw a Dyna-Tech when a family member bought one set up for time trials, it seemed so modern compared to the bikes I was used to.

I’ve got a few of the mountain bikes from 90/91, an Odyssey in progress a Mission and a Voyager.

View attachment 654007View attachment 654008View attachment 654009
Great collection that always had a soft spot for the mission

That Raleigh decade 😍
It was full Campag and Sachs New Success. Another one I regret selling and one of its kind in the known internet

Attachments

• 7F6CF9BE-D664-4CA5-9898-F0DC3FA23C67.jpeg
    7F6CF9BE-D664-4CA5-9898-F0DC3FA23C67.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 17
Some great bikes in this thread, thought I’d read all the Raleigh ones then this one came up!

Definitely got a Raleigh Dyna-Tech road bike on my wish list, preferably a 700 from 1990/1991. I first saw a Dyna-Tech when a family member bought one set up for time trials, it seemed so modern compared to the bikes I was used to.

I’ve got a few of the mountain bikes from 90/91, an Odyssey in progress a Mission and a Voyager.

View attachment 654007View attachment 654008View attachment 654009
Love em! Would like to see some Dynatech road bikes

2nd ever Raleigh here in my possession. 1st one is a normal Technium. But today, I scored this beautiful Raleigh USA Ti Titanium "John Tomac" MTI 2000 model for - lets say: half the price I usually see (well known branded) titanium mountain bikes ever start from! At first, I was quite unsure about it - especially because I found my absolute dream Merlin only 2 weeks ago. I didnt know whether I would really like it or not. But I have to admit: the more I look at it, the more I like it quite a bit.

This was more of a: "I dont know anything about this model, really. But I THINK I should have to have it in my collection. Could be worth something and could eventually be growing pricewise". Maybe you guys can provide me with more info about this particular model. Its a full XTR M900, Mag 21 forks that work perfectly and its been barely ridden! Very very low mileage.

The seller (2nd owner) told me he got it directly from the sales director of Raleigh and Wheeler (I think it was) Germany / Europe. He claimed, this was / is the very first one of its kind that was owned by anyone in Europe. What the hell do I know!!!???

IMG_6656.jpeg
IMG_6657.jpeg

IMG_6662.jpeg

2nd ever Raleigh here in my possession. 1st one is a normal Technium. But today, I scored this beautiful Raleigh USA Ti Titanium "John Tomac" MTI 2000 model for - lets say: half the price I usually see (well known branded) titanium mountain bikes ever start from! At first, I was quite unsure about it - especially because I found my absolute dream Merlin only 2 weeks ago. I didnt know whether I would really like it or not. But I have to admit: the more I look at it, the more I like it quite a bit.

This was more of a: "I dont know anything about this model, really. But I THINK I should have to have it in my collection. Could be worth something and could eventually be growing pricewise". Maybe you guys can provide me with more info about this particular model. Its a full XTR M900, Mag 21 forks that work perfectly and its been barely ridden! Very very low mileage.

The seller (2nd owner) told me he got it directly from the sales director of Raleigh and Wheeler (I think it was) Germany / Europe. He claimed, this was / is the very first one of its kind that was owned by anyone in Europe. What the hell do I know!!!???

View attachment 654789
View attachment 654790

View attachment 654791
Nice ride👍,
also full loaded with Tioga parts.

Maybe helpful to know, to check the statement of the seller,
Wheeler bikes have bern sold in Germany many years via a big distributor called Augusta (based in the city Augsburg), since a while bankrupt and not existing any longer. Back in time, they have sold in 1992 80k Wheeler bikes.

Wheeler EU HQ was Intercycle in Switzerland. They have sold Wheeler from 1989 onwards, and still do.
Wheeler Vertrieb Intercycel in EU seit 1988.jpg

Not sure if one of those companies had Raleigh too? Most likely not, maybe both had same roots to Asia?

Last edited:

Very nice find and I hope you enjoy riding it!

Maybe a frame number could help with ageing it? Not that I'm any expert but it seems unusual that's it's an early frame (cable run) but doesn't have a rear brake cable stop on the mono stay. Also like the stealth Raleigh badge! 😎

Latest posts

Back