Short Stack 1/8th threadless headsets. Oh, and shortest stem

gobharp99

Retro Newbie
Hi,
does anyone know of the shortest stack 1/8th aheadset as I have some forks with a short steerer. Also the shortest height stem to fit this short steerer tube?
Thanks for any help.

Greetings;
I've had the same problem with my new Soma 'Groove' and a new (FREE) SunTour fork. After much net searching, the shortest stack height I've found is a 26mm FSA TH-857, currently $25.00 here in the Colonies and I'ts not a bad headset. I can't help with the stem as I'm using my retro Specialized titanium 150mm and 37mm(whatever happened to Imperial Measurements) where it bolts to the steerer. I've not used spacers, bolting the stem directly atop the headset. Good luck with your build.
Regards

A search should bring up quite a few posts on this.

Though are you looking for new modern headset or a modern headset that would fit with any style or staying period correct ?

Crank Bros make near the shortest modern headset. M@Part do an InLine that is quite a bit cheaper

30mm is about the shortest you'll get on stack height (modern FSA for example, check as a lot are 40mm)

Theres many stems at about 35mm[though i can think of any :LOL: ]most seem to be about 50mm.Not sure i'd go for anything less than the 35mm :?

Back