For Sale Shimano Ultegra 600 groupset

At first glance I thought this was 600 EX I didn't realise it was the Tricolour 6400 group. Brake caliper 6400 Tricolour are averaging £100 for NOS. You would probably be better selling it individually. The hubs are quite sought after, as are the brake levers and gear levers.

There's 15 individual parts in your group, (not counting the 3 pairs of toe clips, spare brake pads and the full cable sets), there's two full cassettes also. They do £100 a set no problem. You're looking at an average of 80 quid per part for NOS (that's quite conservative, going on 'sold' item prices, hubs and chainset sell for big money). I'd say 500 is WAY off the mark. If you took the time, you'd normally make £1300-1500 for these parts online. Minus fees and what have you around £1200-1300 net. NOS Tricolour parts sell very easily on eBay. If you put the whole lot on there with a buy it now of £1600 and took offers, you'd sell it pretty quickly. Complete, unadulterated new old stock groupsets are very rare.

I reckon a £1000 the lot on here is very reasonable. I paid £185 for a pair of NOS 6400 hubs and that was bare, no cassette.

Cue lots of tears from members saying 'this isn't eBay', and you’re right it's not. But a complete group, without all the faffing about trying to buy individual parts and paying each time postage on each item, could be £150 right there if bought international? A grand is a bargain.
Lol I did say OVER £500!

Hi Dave, if you've got kids or grand children get them to stick it on eBay for you. This is a very rare complete group (plus lots of desirable extras). Slip them a £100 for the graft! They'll love it.

There's a partial transmission NOS 6400 group for sale for 500. But it's missing chain set, pedals, stem, seat post, calipers, brake levers, cassettes, headset and bottom bracket. I stand by my valuation. Get it online!

There is no way this will be sold for £1000 in today's market, NOS or not. Realistick price is what is needed
At first glance I thought this was 600 EX I didn't realise it was the Tricolour 6400 group. Brake caliper 6400 Tricolour are averaging £100 for NOS. You would probably be better selling it individually. The hubs are quite sought after, as are the brake levers and gear levers.

There's 15 individual parts in your group, (not counting the 3 pairs of toe clips, spare brake pads and the full cable sets), there's two full cassettes also. They do £100 a set no problem. You're looking at an average of 80 quid per part for NOS (that's quite conservative, going on 'sold' item prices, hubs and chainset sell for big money). I'd say 500 is WAY off the mark. If you took the time, you'd normally make £1300-1500 for these parts online. Minus fees and what have you around £1200-1300 net. NOS Tricolour parts sell very easily on eBay. If you put the whole lot on there with a buy it now of £1600 and took offers, you'd sell it pretty quickly. Complete, unadulterated new old stock groupsets are very rare.

I reckon a £1000 the lot on here is very reasonable. I paid £185 for a pair of NOS 6400 hubs and that was bare, no cassette.

Cue lots of tears from members saying 'this isn't eBay', and your right it's not. But a complete group, without all the faffing about trying to buy individual parts and paying each time postage on each item, could be £150 right there if bought international? A grand is a bargain.
It appears you live in another planet, there is no way this will be sold for even close to £1000 in today's market, NOS or not. Realistic price is what OP needs, not speculation what prices are on eBay. Yes it is Ultergra and yes it is Tricolore, but man, that does not constitute inflating the value to such an extent.

To sale in in parts it will inevitability bring more cash, but it may take month, again, you are so off with your 'pricing' in todays market.

That someone here will pay £1000 for the groupset??? You are kidding yourself, but more importantly you are giving the old man completely unrealistic hope. Just stop and move to another 'minted' forum if this is not what's to your high standards.

To make a realistic comparison - I have NOS Dura Ace 7400 parts on sale for weeks now and they are still there, offers are invited and none is coming. Not to mention todays auction of what appears to be a mint Bates with Cinelli No15 stem, Harden bacon slicers and Chater Lea chainset and pedals etc etc, that has sold for £650 + fees, so well below £1000 mark. Go figure which one would most of us want more...

Like I said above, there's probably no market for this on Retrobike - too small a pool of buyers (maybe a couple of hundred, maybe 50 serious) and most want unrealistic bargains. If a one off museum concourse condition HR Morris sits here with no offers, it kinda tells you all you need to know about the forum.

It would be much easier to sell it on eBay( it might take a couple of months), especially if Dave can enlist a family member to do the listing, some good photos, international listing, take half an hour or so. It works as an absolutely complete New Old Stock 6400 group, with lots of extras to strengthen the sale. I'm going on "sold" prices and not speculation, as you wrongly suggest. 6400 Tricolour sells well internationally. Check it out for yourself. It sells better than Dura Ace. Go figure. Anyone with a 90's Italian/French/British or American road build would be very interested in this group. You might like putting old gear on your bikes, but a lot of collectors prefer NOS. That's a well documented fact. I prefer NOS if I can afford it.

I'm sticking to my guns on a valuation, as a complete group like this with spare cassettes/stem/Seat post/headset is extremely rare and will definitely find a buyer. What I would say to Dave is that this is definitely NOT the place to be selling such a rare example of New old stock, a complete group like this with the stem and seat post and the pedals is probably unique. I've certainly never seen such a complete NOS Shimano group for sale (outside of vintage XT/XTR which sell for 4 figures regularly )This is not the market place for it at all. I don't think I can be any clearer than that.

Last edited:
Wow, here is the one thing you got right, finally - this is not a forum to sell you ware for exploitative profits. This is a forum for a like minded people, loving their hobby, collecting nice or not so nice bikes from different eras and conversing (albeit mostly via online) with other people having similar taste - that's why so many different groups on here, from BMX to fixed to 19 century bike and anything in between .

When selling their stuff, be it NOS or well used, they don't have a profit in their mind as the main objective, no, they prefer to sell at reduced price to a like minded soul knowing it will go to a nice home or help someone finish that built they have patiently collected parts for. And hoping that they'll get a similarly good deal in return one day. Which more than often does happen you know. And yes we often send stuff free of charge too. Karma is a bitch that needs feeding, I was told once.

You seem often to mistake what you think you know to what you really know, and that includes your assumption about me or other people on here, making somewhat snotty remarks about how much we are prepared to open our purses or not . Well, I own more than a fair share of bikes, including some with mint NOS parts just FYI.

To return to OP's ware he is trying to sell on here (or elsewhere) and your estimation of £1500-£1600 for the set, you are so far of the realistic value of it that is just not worth going into it. But hey, happy that you've found hubs and paid £185 for them, but realistically you could have these or these for less than 1/2 the price.

Now I'll best move out of here 'Kao šišmiš iz pakla' as sang by the late Meatloaf...in Croatian. Yes, I'm fluent in that lingo too before you ask :)

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Big difference between NOS and boxed NOS. I second the emotion of @Foreigner. Lovely and great as it is I think a grand for it is overly optomistic. Maybe test the water @Croatia Dave with the hubs or chainset. If someone rips your arm off then game on....but if not then perhaps revise expectations. Its end of summer and people are generally selling.

As for this forum being tightwads...perhaps...but I've just seen another poster bag a '53 Holdsworth frame for £375. I think people here spend when there is genuine rarity. That HR Morris is lovely but also an aquired taste, I'm not suprised it hasn't shifted. For things like shimano gruppos nobody sweats and are mostly happy to wait for the next one that comes around.

Back