Shimano red DX brake set SOLD

cvalda69

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For sale this lovely set of red/black Shimano DX brakes.

Levers are NOS, NIB.
Brakes are used but in very good condition, no major scratches etc., with pads and all the noodles and stuff (not seen in the picture)

Looking for GBP 58 posted REDUCED TO GBP 40 POSTED
Please show interest here, followed by PM.
Also, please see my other threads to save on postage

Attachments

• P1000971.JPG
    P1000971.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 600
Re: Shimano red DX brake set

Out of interest (free bump) thought DX was long gone by the time v-brakes came along? They're clearly authentic, what's the scoop?

There were DX components in late 80/early 90, incl. front and rear mechs etc., these are the V´s from 1995

the red Shinano DX components were around in the mid 90s and are unrelated to the much earlier Deore DX groupset. As far as I know, there was never a full groupset of red DX - I only know of the V brakes, brake levers, and SPD pedals with a large cage to allow use with and without SPD cleats. I always got the impression that these new DX components were aimed at downhill oriented riders (instead of XC racer types) on a budget.

Except for the colour, these brakes are identical to the bog-standard silver shimano V-brakes that appeared in the mid 90s.

cvalda69":15stv4x4 said:
There were DX components in late 80/early 90, incl. front and rear mechs etc., these are the V´s from 1995
no they aren't. V's didn't come out until 96 with XT type bump.

Think you meant 2005

Latest posts

Back