Shimano freehub for Mavic Cosmic Pro wheel

Laurence8165

Dirt Disciple
As above; I have a pair of 1990s (?) Mavic Cosmic Pro whhels (the silvery blue anodised 50mm or so V-rims, 16 spokes) and want to convert the rear from Campagnolo 8 speed to Shimano.

I am open to other suggestions too, such as respacing the cassette, ih anyone can help.

Thanks!

Might have this freehub- can you post a pic of the hub on your wheel so I can check if mine matches, as I can't remember the model.

Ah, it's bad news I'm afraid- I can see my freehub won't work with your hub. The hub I have, although similar to yours, is a different model. I thought there could still be a chance that the freehubs would be compatible, but seeing the interface pictures above, I can see that this is a no-go due to your one being designed so that a large flange actually seats itself inside the hub, whilst mine has no internal part. Bad luck:) I hope someone else out there can help.

Re:

I am not surprise, as I have been told that these are like hen's teeth!

I think my Cosmics are early 1990s, and the freehub has s proper bearing at the hub end rather than the bushings they had later.
My quest continues...

Many thanks for looking anyway.

Kind regards,Laurence.

argh , I have owned a NOS one that I sold only last week to a guy in Perth Australia

Attachments

• IMAG0748.jpg
    IMAG0748.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 479
Re:

hi folks, exactly the same issue. a set of Mavic Cosmic Pro wheels set up for 8 speed campy, but want to run them on shimano. I bought a mavic shimano freehub body, no good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161777932781?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

here are some photos of the campy free hub and mavic hub I have

Basically, can I get away with fitting an 8 speed shimano cassette to the campy freehub- I saw somewhere that an 8 speed dura ace might fit (please exactly which one), or would an old 8 speed xtr?

Is there a shimano freehub out there that is compatible with this wheel? Its a cool wheelset and I'd like to use it if possible.

Also I run a weird set up of ultegra shifters, xt cassette and xt rear mech on my other wheel set - all 9 speed, would that set up cope with 8 speed if I could get a shimano cassette to fit??

thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• cosmic.jpg
    cosmic.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 365
  • comp.jpg
    comp.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 365
  • hub.jpg
    hub.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 365
  • IMAG1329.jpg
    IMAG1329.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 365
  • mav.jpg
    mav.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 365
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back