Shimano FAQ for dummies

Re:

Nice to see long term project like mine ;-)

Assuming they are the LP version of the crank then you have the correct length axle there. I would assume the bottom bracket shell is 68mm also and not 73mm but you can easily measure that. (I.e. measure the width of the frame tube it goes in on the frame).

There are only 2 M900 cassette. 12-28 and 12-32. There are subtle design difference, the later being the more reliable and improved shifting, memeroy serves me right they gained the I ramping and profiling like. If you cannot find a cassette you could try finding an M737. Though all cost a bit new. I stay away from used now after having too many too warn turn up.

737s come as 11-28/30/32

(Crank, if its still the blue one in the pictures it is an LP and so 107 is correct. Use grease on the tapers as per RaceFace requirements.)

Took a picture of the bottom of the frame, excuse the crude measuring tape. But the width is looking like 73mm, although the bottom bracket seems recessed inside slightly so is it really 68?

Attachments

• bike-bottom-bracket-frame.jpg
    bike-bottom-bracket-frame.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 134
Your measuring tape is starting on the drive side cup, not the edge of the BB, which is some 3-4mm further inboard. I believe you've got a 68 there (the crude measurement seems to be about 69-70mm by my eye).

J

Latest posts

Back