Shimano BB axle 68 x 113 square taper wanted

Shaunthesheep

Retro Newbie
First post :D

Needed to finish a first retro build - axle in box of bits seems way too long for frame / chainline
May consider whole bottom bracket if axle not available alone. Don't really want to go for a sealed unit

Re:

Welcome to the forum matey :D

What brand and model of cranks are you running? You might need longer than you think...

Re:

Thanks for the replies - good to be able to tap the knowledge on here

After a bit of detective work I think I may have snookered myself with this project early on

Cranks / rings were missing from box of bits I got with frame so bought one to match the other Shimano components. Chain-set is Durace first type 7100 double and like a rookie I assumed this would be JIS...

Would appear to be JIS low profile - which is probably near on impossible to find anymore and the reason My chain-line is off. Might be able to use a vintage ISO bottom bracket but it all sounds a bit hit and miss.

Will weight up options

My Dura Ace on the Jack Taylor is first generation, the early one with no numbering, and like Cipo's is 68 x112 and lately I have been using a UN55 sealed unit.

Jamie

Hi cipolinni

Sorry for delay in replying , I'm interested in the bottom bracket mentioned - please PM me with price etc

Thanks to everyone who replied

You can also use a 70mm axle with a spacer under the RH cup. They are more readily available as Italian BBs are less in demand.

Back