shifting issues

ishaw":asfttfe4 said:
My shifting problem has been solved. All you need to do is crash and land crank side down and all your problems will go away! I was lucky that no damage was done other than chewing up the rear qr skewer, but shifts like a dream now.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: knowing my luck i'd reck my bike trying :roll:

freeride-mike":2jbxqf7t said:
Anthony":2jbxqf7t said:
freeride-mike":2jbxqf7t said:
i dont mind buying a new chain and cassette but wanna make sure that is the problem 1st.
That's why I suggested measuring the chain - if 24 links measure 12 1/8" or more, you need to change the chain anyway. Buying a replacement might solve the problem, it might not, but you wouldn't be wasting your money either way.
Do you experience the problem to the same extent in the granny ring?
havnt ran a front mech since i built up the giant so once i get chance i'll drop the chain on the granny ring and see if i get the same problems in 2nd :?
I'm getting a sense that you don't own a ruler? Maybe the fact that I own one is yet another evidence of how sad I am. I've got a protractor as well! :oops: Even a pair of compasses. :shock: And a rubber, remember those?

If second runs better when you're in the granny ring, it's further evidence that the chain is worn - i.e., a worn chain will give more trouble the more you run it at an angle to the problem sprocket.

Back