semi-retro - GT I-DRIVE team 2001

norton

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hey,

I can buy a NOS i-drive team frame for 500 GBP. Does anybody have any info on this bike? I could find it on bikepedia and mtbr but no catalogue is available on GT webpage. Is it worth that price?

Thanks,
Norbert

I would say that sounds a touch on the steep side, but it really depends on how badly you want one. If it is the USA made handbuilt team frame, then it is a very nice piece of kit and I would like to own one (again). However if it is the taiwanese made frame £500 is def a bit steep.

Any pics?

agree with mr rubble, although team was the top of the line (or was it race?) and it is NOS, id say maybe £300 ish would be more like it

pics

here are some pics. is it the original US made from 2001 or a 2004?

Attachments

• GT_i-drive_team_v_z_01.jpg
    GT_i-drive_team_v_z_01.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,713
  • Gt_i-drive_team_v_z_02.jpg
    Gt_i-drive_team_v_z_02.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,711
It is nice, almost certainly a 2001, however I'm not convinced it came with a Manitou shock and the one that's fitted appears to be the wrong length, but it could be a trick of the camera. I think the original has been pinched to sell at some point and they have chucked any old shock in there to make a complete frame.

Def not worth £500 though. You can buy some pretty special full sus frames in great condition for that sort of money and that's coming from an I-drive fan.

CRC were selling them a couple of years ago for iirc £275
they had marathon spec ones too
cant remember what shock was fitted tho ,think a basic fox air can

yes, defo looks like wrong shock, also, maybe in later years they did this but, the shock looks mounted to the tail wrong, i think mine sits within the 'tail seatstay' if you can understand that, it doesnt protrude into the wheel arch. if you get it regardless, can i have the black i drive unit? :LOL: :D

Back