For Sale Selling everything I have as a job lot.

I'm open to any suggestions guys. I have two options. Sell it all to you guys and gals as a job lot or .... take it to the tip. Extreme I know but I have no options other that those.

Other options are professional house removers / re-sellers / scavengers / charity shops that collect.

Perhaps at least try to get it all together, get it photographed so people understand the volume and at least an inclining if it's old worthless tat or not. Then slap it on Ebay with BIN and accept the first offer for fast collect. I fear you could be wasting valuable time here - and like wise on Ebay, make it clear first come with minimal fuss is first served. No replies about individual items.

It's hard dealing with space and time, especially if under dramatic circumstances.

Best of luck to you.

Could you not have someone store it for you until the storm has passed? Tipping it is extreme! I’d rather hire a van and put it all in my loft until you want it back. I’d probably just want a Karakoram frame as payment. That one you won’t sell me now.. 😬

How about putting some prices on the bikes, put the parts in boxes and put a price on them and then say a date when they need collecting by and the if need be go tip, at least that way some of it would go to good homes on the site and you will recoup some money.

Sorry to hear you're selling it all :(
What's your time scale? I might be able to do this, but the van I would be borrowing won't be ready for a couple of weeks.

My 2p worth

Pictures and details will help volumes. Nobody will want to part with £1500 without knowing what’s there.

I’ve bought quite a few job lots of items before. Joblot prices are around 10-20% of the value ti sell on as a rule. I can’t tell you if your price is high or not as I’ve no idea what’s included but I’m sure 20 mins of your time will add up a realistic total to give you a idea if you are realistic as a joblot price.

I’ve been offered many job lots where the seller has simply added up the items at eBay prices and wants that amount.

Shame you’re so far away . I hope it all goes well mate

My 2p worth

Pictures and details will help volumes. Nobody will want to part with £1500 without knowing what’s there.

I’ve bought quite a few job lots of items before. Joblot prices are around 10-20% of the value ti sell on as a rule. I can’t tell you if your price is high or not as I’ve no idea what’s included but I’m sure 20 mins of your time will add up a realistic total to give you a idea if you are realistic as a joblot price.

I’ve been offered many job lots where the seller has simply added up the items at eBay prices and wants that amount.

👍

Spot on. Even a shoddy rushed inventory with corners cut is better than no inventory. Just only needs essentials listed without even a price, say anything above a guestimate £50 value is on the spreadsheet and a marker if NOS/BNIP/BNIB.

All the rest under "Other" - and bulked up ..... like all those seat-clamps in 31.8mm, 32.00mm, 34.9mm, 35.00mm, countless bottle cages, countless pumps, countless lights, countless puncture repair kits.

Back