Seatpost dilemma

oldscool

Dirt Disciple
Got a bit of a dilemma with what seatpost to go for on the "ebay special"
The build is coming along well but i need to get the seatpost next so I can measure up for my stem and bars.
P1000928.jpg

I need to fit a seatpost that I can raise high enough for comfortable riding but that I can also drop low enough so I dont damage my manly bits when Im coming down hill.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Always plenty ritcheys for these on the bay. There was a manual dropper post whose name escapes me often seen too.

BTW thats looking immense :cool: best execution of a tricky bike to get right :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
kaiser":2xq491ul said:
BTW thats looking immense :cool: best execution of a tricky bike to get right :cool:

Agree, the first one i've seen that i've really liked :cool:

Bonus that it looks my size too :LOL:

Post more pics as you get it built ;)

Thanks for the responses guys, ive been looking on ebay but no joy so far and as im a tight b**stard I really dont fancy paying more for a new post than I did for the brakes of ebay.
Ive heard mixed reviews about the titec seatpost, anybody here got good/bad things to say???

the build is looking good, esp like the black forks - mean! What size post does it take, do you know? I've used a Titec post - briefly - was fine for me (only got rid as I wanted a more polished look :roll: Ps you don't appear to have much steerer tube left for your stem?! Or are you planning on some kind of direct mount affair?

The seatpost dia is 30.9 but I could run a spacer shim if needed??

Unfortunately I dont have much steerer tube left to play with, i was thinking of running an Azonic Revenge stem with 45 deg rise but I need to sort out the seatpost issue first so I can measure up and see what will be the best option.
Hopefully my bargain forks wont be a problem in the long run :?

Ive been thinking a bit more about this issue. Would it be possible to make up a telescopic seatpost myself :?:
Im not sure about the internal post diameters so after a bit of help with this one.
Could I start with a standard 30.9 post that will fit my frame and cut the top off, then slide a smaller post into that, fit a quick release clamp and hey presto, my own spec telescopic seatpost :?: :?:

Ye'd also have to drill a hole @ 30mm down from the top of the post, and cut a slot down to it.........theoretically, if ye found two posts to fit, ye could do it, but ye might die.............. :p

Probably better to have two posts, longy for XC and shorty for DH, change them for what ridin' ye are doing.
I got an NC-17 telescope post off eBay for aboot £30- does the job and cheap enuff!

Back