Wanted Seatpost collar

Ok, outside diameter is 1 1/8th” or 29mm
I advise to double check size with the seller before committing. see: https://www.ebay.it/itm/364735402883 Most of the 1940s/50s seat collars are by Magistroni, and /or branded Bianchi, Olmo, Ideor and Legnano. Search ebay.it and enter 'collarino morsetto regisella e'poca' to see other choices. Use Google translate option on the pages. Check out postage tab 'Spedizione'-not all will sell to UK, but the Bianchi seller has listed it for UK postage at 12 euros and the collar is 10.80 Euros. Good luck!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I advise to double check size with the seller before committing. see: https://www.ebay.it/itm/364735402883 Most of the 1940s/50s seat collars are by Magistroni, and /or branded Bianchi, Olmo, Ideor and Legnano. Search ebay.it and enter 'collarino morsetto regisella e'poca' to see other choices. Use Google translate option on the pages. Check out postage tab 'Spedizione'-not all will sell to UK, but the Bianchi seller has listed it for UK postage at 12 euros and the collar is 10.80 Euros. Good luck!
I'll be near in couple of weeks time and will visit Italy too, with ability to receive postage to Italian address. I also speak Italian fluently so can converse with potential item sellers.

This one is more appropriate I think, but will also check couple of contacts I have there. 28mm is kind of correct :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'll be near in couple of weeks time and will visit Italy too, with ability to receive postage to Italian address. I also speak Italian fluently so can converse with potential item sellers.

This one is more appropriate I think, but will also check couple of contacts I have there. 28mm is kind of correct :)

Brane, that would be amazing.

I have one I believe was taken off a 50's Claud Butler, but it sounds like you're pretty much already sorted now?
Ah, cheers man. Yes, am going to hold for now - but will make a mental note as someone else on here is bound to need one and won’t have Brane’s amazing Italian connections :)

Yes, I did have an idea that the other chap would be able to lay hands on one of the collars for you. But I'd be happy to try to help with the other matter, especially as 40s/50s bikes are ones I have a yen for and so have accumulated some interesting bits. But re the rims: would you possibly be after 36 hole rims in the 26" size? I know a good few of the bikes from the above eras were designed for these smaller sized wheels. I realise though that many were the 27" size too, but feel maybe half of those around were the smaller size.

Yes, I did have an idea that the other chap would be able to lay hands on one of the collars for you. But I'd be happy to try to help with the other matter, especially as 40s/50s bikes are ones I have a yen for and so have accumulated some interesting bits. But re the rims: would you possibly be after 36 hole rims in the 26" size? I know a good few of the bikes from the above eras were designed for these smaller sized wheels. I realise though that many were the 27" size too, but feel maybe half of those around were the smaller size.
I was hoping to build with 27’s, or (horror) 700c as there’s loads of clearance. Plus I think the smaller diameter wheels might not look so great. But interesting to see what you might have (and am also looking for a brake set :)

Latest posts

Back