Seat post removal services in the 'South'

Obviously don’t use heat as suggested. That’ll go against your aim. You need cold on a steel frame with alloy post.

The only professional way is using a puller that pulls straight and up. I keep toying with the idea of having one made. I’ve heard of people using a slide hammer.
Heat is fine. Any heating causes expansion and contraction which breaks the electrolytic bond. I've removed countless seats posts this way. Never had one I can't remove.

The chemical option is cheap and may not even damage the paint (type dependant)..

Idiots guide...by a fellow idiot. 🤣

The only professional way is using a puller that pulls straight and up. I keep toying with the idea of having one made.

That's the dream! This community could do with one being made and loaned out as a when required like an old DVD rental service - send it out, use it, send it back 👍

That's what breaks the bond. It works or I wouldn't do it.

Admittedly I didn’t get a A* in science but it still seems more logical to break the bond using cold. No damage to paint and no issues with heat damage. But if it works for you.

I’d use heat on an alloy frame if I had a steel post stuck or maybe alloy and alloy.

Latest posts

Back