Scottish IndepenDENce YES or NO?

YES or NO?, And What If DevoMax Was Offered?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • DevoMax

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • DGAF

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Yep that is why we are where we are. Nobody trusts the people in charge and therefore its better that they are close by!

It must annoy the Scots that they always vote Labour and half the time they get the Tories.

Re: Scottish Indepence YES or NO?

They should stay and we be one big crap hole instead of two smaller ones.
Besides I like Scotland.

Looks like you've solved the currency issue in your title. I like the sound of Scottish Indepounds and Indepence! ;)

Re:

I couldn't give a toss either way, though I can't help feeling a little envious that Scots have the chance to show Westminster their blue arses.
Whatever the result,lets hope for a high turnout and a conclusive majority; It's the only way we'll get any peace and quiet.

I despair that man is so driven with divisive notions of identity, whether local or national, class, religion or football. Flags suck.

mrkawasaki":jkwm5rft said:
I despair that man is so driven with divisive notions of identity, whether local or national, class, religion or football. Flags suck.

Better the pride that resides
In a citizen of the world
Than the pride that divides
When a colourful rag is unfurled

Re:

All of this could have been avoided had the Westminsterites not stripped local councils of almost all their powers. Devolution and regional parliaments are simply a rehash of what County Councils used to be able to do.

Neil":2abmufyx said:
mrkawasaki":2abmufyx said:

Thats really discrediting alot of the people of Scotland, very few I know are the flag waving zealots that the media and No campaign would have you believe.

This struck a chord with me, have a read its not to long or preachy.

http://www.christownsendoutdoors.com/20 ... hy-im.html

kaiser":3qwc5vlr said:
Neil":3qwc5vlr said:
mrkawasaki":3qwc5vlr said:

Thats really discrediting alot of the people of Scotland, very few I know are the flag waving zealots that the media and No campaign would have you believe.
I'm not so sure it's discrediting what you'd claim.

Neil was talking about a certain person, and made a comment on flags - I also quoted some song lyrics that emote what I often find wrong about pride in flags - I didn't see either of us suggesting it was an ill blighting a lot of the people in Scotland, per se - perhaps just the ones seemingly and perhaps troublingly, overly focused on divisions in identity based on varying arbitrary factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back