Scott Intoxica

Way back when, I ran a shop in old London town, Covent Garden to be precise.

I then struck a deal with Scott to act as their "Concept Store". Bear in mind that this was years before Spesh tried this idea, it was a really new concept (Excuse the repetition!)

We sold these;

99-intoxica.JPG

98-intoxica.JPG

ScottIntoxica.jpg

Not just saw them, we sold them. As in to people with money who bought them. I often wonder where they are now.

The Intoxica was a beautiful thing, truly beatiful and WAY before their time!

Peter Denk = Genius.

Is the seat tube bolted on at the shock pivot? And is that an exposed head tube?

kaiser":3if3mp4o said:
Is the seat tube bolted on at the shock pivot?
Yep. The "mainframe" of the main bit of top tube and down tube was SERIOUSLY beefy. Had a really organic look to it. It also meant that the whole thing had an adjustable seat angle.

kaiser":3if3mp4o said:
And is that an exposed head tube?
Not only that, but an adjustable head angle, a la Commencal nowadays. Trick.

So, carbon framed, adjustable angles, adjustable travel and lightweight long travel....Like I said, WAAAAY ahead of time!

i bought a set of manitou mach 5's in about 98-99 or so from a guy who had an everything-is-adjustable-scott. he had bombers on his though

Hi just thought I'd let you just bought one of these for my bro in law, second hand of course for 150 quid from the bike shed in Exeter in Devon its blue and red, what was the original selling price of these bikes please ? Thanks Russ

ruffboy":lsqbpnlz said:
Hi just thought I'd let you just bought one of these for my bro in law, second hand of course for 150 quid from the bike shed in Exeter in Devon its blue and red, what was the original selling price of these bikes please ? Thanks Russ

A blue and red Inotxica? Not sure I remember one in that colour scheme.

They were a pretty expensive range though, starting at around £2000, IIRC.

I know this thread is pretty old, but I have some questions about this bike, so I hope someone can help me.
I am in the position to be able to buy one of these bikes. I have had a look at it tonight and actually turned it down. Reason was that the part were the seatpost is on had heavy damage that looked like a crack to it. Question is now if this part is also carbon (like the main frame) or is it aluminum with a plastic layer (for shape only). The damage almost looked like damage from a sideways fall that damaged some hardplastic.
As it was dark I could not assess it very clearly.
I really like it and it is is only astatic damage, I might contact the seller again.

Thanks!
Henri

Back