rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
IMG_2856.jpeg
IMG_2852.jpeg
P6080681.jpg
As I received it - MINUS the Saddle and Pedals which I already had - which I put on.
image0.jpeg

Here's my Scapin Nope D8 2007
It's a nice Columbus Spirit Steel frame with a dash of Columbus Carbon.
IMG_3046.jpg

"...Scapins top line hardtail, the Nope D8 is made from Columbus Spirit steel, custom drawn for Scapin, then beautifully welded in the Scapin factory by true artists.

The steel is then ceramic bead blasted to strengthen the welds and prime the surface for the WPT weather proofing treatment. This involves an electrolosis process to coat the surface with Zinc salts, resulting in a frame that will withstand anything the weather can throw at it.

The steel is then mated to the Carbon seat tube and head tube insert using a highly advanced adhesive. The whole is then painted in the Scapin factories own paint shop, with six colours available as standard, or custom colours at extra cost.

The finished frame is the most responsive and fun to ride hardtail available, giving a fast ride with the added comfort of the high end steel. The sculpted shaped seat stays damping the trail buzz, with the combination of the carbon seat tube and over sized chain stays making sure that all your energy is utilised in forward motion.

The frame comes equipped with two bottle mounts and a race number mount.

The cable guides are fixed to the head tube rather than the down tube. The chain stay guide is adjustable enabling easy adjustment of Sram rear mechs..."

Bike Radar Review https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/mountain-bikes/scapin-nope-review

XTR M960 gears, brakes, mechs, cassette, shifters and cranks.
Crossmax SL wheels
Ritchey WCS Carbon riser bar and FSA Carbon Pro stem
Cane Creen H/S
WR Compositi Seatpost
Raceface Atlas pedals
Fabric Scoop Ti saddle
Just added some Hutchinson Python II UST tyres

I'm not a fan of Red and Black and it looks odd with too much of it - overkill.
I'll see how it rides before messing with it, but I do like a bike to look as good as it rides.

So Was thinking a stem and bar change (Probably a flat one) . Anything except Black - but no idea what - any suggestions?

Not keen on the red forks but I'll leave them for now.
I'll get the front mech on and sort the cabling then out for a spin.
The chain rings need changing as they're in poor condition - Specialites TA C116 are on order.
IMG_2635.jpeg

Last edited:
Love it. A big yes to your nope.
I agree with you about the bar. It has the purposeful look of a bike that needs a flat bar and bar ends for out and out xc effort.
Hutchinson pythons are a favourite of mine. Ridiculously fast tyres.
Still needs a rigid fork and 1x drivechain for me, but it's not my bike (yet 😀).

Love it. A big yes to your nope.
I agree with you about the bar. It has the purposeful look of a bike that needs a flat bar and bar ends for out and out xc effort.
Hutchinson pythons are a favourite of mine. Ridiculously fast tyres.
Still needs a rigid fork and 1x drivechain for me, but it's not my bike (yet 😀).
😂🤣 you never know. It might be sold on if I continue to hate the Red.
perplexed as to what would go at the front.
The red really kills it. Anyone wanna buy a Manitou Skarabe or swap for something in white ? 😂

I think I would keep the black and get a black fork, to tone it down a bit. Or perhaps white stem, bar, seatpost and white fork. Lovely bicycle Ibbz, I love a Scapin.

Someone who designs their paintjobs must have been heavily influenced by my teenage bedroom (circa 1987). I loved that grey and red striped carpet and the red metal bed frame (then).

I think I would keep the black and get a black fork, to tone it down a bit. Or perhaps white stem, bar, seatpost and white fork. Lovely bicycle Ibbz, I love a Scapin.
Thanks!
You’ve given me an idea!
FRM do a flat bar which is sort of black/gold carbon - and another silver black - would possibly would match the stanchions and / or the white
and a shorter stem

Attachments

• IMG_2649.jpeg
    IMG_2649.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2648.jpeg
    IMG_2648.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Someone who designs their paintjobs must have been heavily influenced by my teenage bedroom (circa 1987). I loved that grey and red striped carpet and the red metal bed frame (then).
And must’ve been a Man U fan

Maybe black wheels may make a difference too?
Yes that would work but would be a shame to sell these wheels. They’re mint and I didn’t pay anything for the bike - traded it for my Bianchi martini racing frame set (frame only plus headset cranks brakes and stem)
Always wanted a Scapin and I found this on Subito.it - I was looking for a carbon but saw this and after reading the reviews and looking at how special the work has gone into the frame I had to have it - and it’s my size.
So Marco @RetroRider_IT bought it for me - and sent it to me express from Italy! And paid everything. He’s a great guy and I can’t thank him enough.
I of course sent him the frame he wanted.

Yes that would work but would be a shame to sell these wheels. They’re mint and I didn’t pay anything for the bike - traded it for my Bianchi martini racing frame set (frame only plus headset cranks brakes and stem)
Always wanted a Scapin and I found this on Subito.it - I was looking for a carbon but saw this and after reading the reviews and looking at how special the work has gone into the frame I had to have it - and it’s my size.
So Marco @RetroRider_IT bought it for me - and sent it to me express from Italy! And paid everything. He’s a great guy and I can’t thank him enough.
I of course sent him the frame he wanted.
Pretty cool story. I think they are up there with the most special of Italian frames. The right size is a plus, too. The proof is in how it rides, I suppose.

Latest posts

Back