SC chameleon + which fork???

stephenorange

Retro Newbie
Hi, I'm hoping for some advice re' a bike build. I've got and old SC Chameleon which I'd like to build as a fun winter bike ( I know, 'fun' and 'winter' don't really sit well together) I'm not sure what length of fork would be best and whether it might be better to opt for a rigid fork. I'm hoping to run it ss and possibly put an Alfine hub on it later.
Comments appreciated
Stephen

Marzocchi Z1 would be a good choice if it's an older Chameleon. I seem to remember seeing a few like that in the magazines when the frame was released.

The Chameleon was meant as a jumpy playbike so surely a rigid fork isnt an option if you want to get the most from it. A 5" singlecrown fork would be suitable I`d have thought. What age Santa Cruz anyway?

Thanks guys. The chameleon frame is about 1999/2000 I think, the cabling is along the top of the top tube. Any and all advice regarding fork options and general info' about a ss/Alfine drive is appreciated.
Stephen

Had one a while ago. Ran a 118 White Bros. on it. They're designed for anything between 100 - 125mm, but I do have friends that have run Boxxers and ZZYZX (150mm) on them without complaints.

Back