Saracen Conquest Alumnium E Stay

I REALLY want this, but looks like there is far too much interest on here already for this to go for an affordable price (to me, anyway) :D

makster":jfw8t0a4 said:
Gravymonster is the man to talk to about these frames.
Prone to cracking head-tubes, but this one looks very low mileage.
Gotta love a Saracen E-stay :cool:

I am indeed :LOL:

Looks unblemished and very low spec, canti's WTF :? at a guess its the same frame with Saracen's pick and mix thrown at it ;)

Any one seriusly buying this to ride, check with seller on Head tube all around the press fit headset and get more pics and would double check and ask them again to be sure. Mine is the only one on this forum that is being ridden due to the time and effort from an aluminumn welder friend.

great bike and certainly warrants some Magura Hydrostops, better forks and decent groupo

too big for me though :cool:

Should have looked this

Conquest1992.jpg

Not as much interest in this as first thought...stuck in an early bid of 50 sheets and won!

Main downside is that I couldn't sneak it past the missus, as I needed her to go and pick it up as its just round the corner from her parents who she was visiting this weekend, luckily!

I've asked her to check it for cracks (she said it looked fine), but will wait and see what she comes home with tonight! No idea what kits on the bike, so a bit of a surprise.

I'll be putting a want ad for some Maguras shortly if the bike is solid!

Well done! Good purchase, I was tempted, but couldn't collect, but I'm glad it's on here now. :) Enjoy the build!

PS - If you ever wanted to sell it.... ;) ;) ;)

So, the missus just turned up with this. This thing's absolutely mint. It's hardly been ridden, no scratches to speak of, just a quick wipe down with a damp rag and it's as good as new! Looks as though it's never been left out in the rain - even the skewers were still lightly greased when removed!

Components are, well, extremely low rent as someone's already pointed out. Must have been a Saracen end of line parts bin raid when the stocks were low. Altus brakes and rear mech, Exage front mech, cheap and nasty seat, post, stem and bars, Weinmann Rims. Only thing of any note is the STX-RC chain set which looks almost NOS. Anyway, £48 for just the frame would still be great value in my book.

There's a fair amount of room in the cable mounts ( a few extra mm) so I'm after a full set of Maguras and gonna do a parts bin raid on it myself...but gonna treat her to a smattering of XT just to keep her honest....

Nice one muppet. Didn't go high myself because I picked up another bike before this one ended. Look forward to seeing this one given the toys it deserves. :cool:

Back