Santana Moda - finished

It was great to ride the Moda at Malvern in the XC Retro race. It really came into its own on the climbs (which was great because I needed all the help I could get)

I’ll get her cleaned up for a BOTM entry before the end of August
Don't delay in doing it, the quota is close to closing and it deserves to be among so many beautiful bicycles that there are this month
P.S. If it helps with the climbs, maybe you should consider selling it to me. I need a lot of help in those situations 🤣 🤣

Right, time to wrap this thread up. When I started out I wanted to build the Moda as close the original spec as possible.

So a quick clean and new parts added a think I’m 99% there. Only differences are I opted for the Hyperlite bars and American classic QR skewers. Everything else is to spec.

Additions.

Ground control yellow label tyres
Avocet Gel R20 saddle
XT flat pedals

I’ll now add her to BOTM

Cheers all

Attachments

• IMG_9979.png
    IMG_9979.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1327.jpeg
    IMG_1327.jpeg
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1330.jpeg
    IMG_1330.jpeg
    816.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1331.jpeg
    IMG_1331.jpeg
    561.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1329.jpeg
    IMG_1329.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1332.jpeg
    IMG_1332.jpeg
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1333.jpeg
    IMG_1333.jpeg
    565.6 KB · Views: 15
In my opinion, they are good changes. The Hyperlite is a guarantee of success and the XT pedals are elegant, simple, good, light... Shimano achieved success with those pedals. I'm not very into Shimano and I love them, JjjjOverall, good choice of components

Right, time to wrap this thread up. When I started out I wanted to build the Moda as close the original spec as possible.

So a quick clean and new parts added a think I’m 99% there. Only differences are I opted for the Hyperlite bars and American classic QR skewers. Everything else is to spec.

Additions.

Avocet Gel R20 saddle
XT flat pedals

I’ll now add her to BOTM

Cheers all

Additions.

Avocet Gel R20 saddle
XT flat pedals

I’ll now add her to BOTM

Cheers all
That’s got it spot on now,my favourite ever tyres, and the saddle just screams 1990!

Back