Saddle Restoration advice anyone ?

for reference

z7.jpg

had a look at the saddle today . It is VERY dry . I think though it will benefit from a feed .
I've decided I will apply some nourishment , as suggested . IF it looks worse or the result is in some way undesirable , I'll just fit one of my many other perfectly fine saddles , probably that San Marco .

Life's really too short . I mean , It's bloody the wrong side of 11pm ......

Here ... Todays bloggery .
http://stealbikes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0 ... -weft.html

Triple S in Bingley do excellent powder coat in metallic and candy finishes. You are right, they do a base PC then top coats to provide the metallic sheen or candy finish. It isn't cheap but it looks awesome. Their standard finish is quite shiny for PC anyway.

It's a pretty standard way of doing it - car paint is the same - regular paint then metallic lacquer. That's why when you wash your car with washing up liquid or use T-Cut on it too much the paint goes full. No more lacquer!

Yea. thanks Rob. I did consider pc , but i didnt want to risk sending it away , and then be stuck . which seems common. And also , I think that pc looks a bit "thick" , y'know?.
Its a thin tubed lugged steel frame. looks ok on fat alu , but i'm not convinced.
anyway. paints on.
www.stealbikes.blogspot.co.uk

Back