Sacrilege...?

Afraid you might struggle fitting anything but canti's on that frame, unless you do major mods, due to the brake posts being fitted centrally on the stays.

The bosses are mounted further apart than usual as they are screwed directly into the seat stays, unlike the usual position on the inside of the stays.

Re:

iscervo":3dd7pp7r said:
Mine measures 95mm front & 100mm rear c to c :( .

NOOOOOoooooo...

I just measured, and have exactly the same measurements! :( :( :(

Cantis work fine, as it had a set of LX on it when I bought it. But I do so love maguras. I tried all three kinds of mount, the very early type, with fixed ears, Evo, with adjustable ears, and even evo 2, but none were even close.

*sigh*.

I loves maguras, and If I can't fit them, I may just sell the frame - Nothing wrong with cantis or Vs, but I had maguras in my mind all the way.

Re:

Just bought a 95 Jamis Dakar full sus frame and about to throw a load of early 90's bits on for now.....as long as it works, who gives a monkeys!

Hmmm.... I'm now thinking DX cantis and ss5 levers...

I've got everything else, and was hoping not to have to spend anything.... HA!

:xmas-big-grin: UPDATE !. It can be done.

Starting with the rear, swap the slave clamps over, left now goes on the right, this allows the slave to be set closer to the rim, once you've swapped them set up & adjust as normal :D .
Next is the front, same as above but a bit more complicated :( . On mine the bosses are set slightly higher than ideal. This means that the slot in the clamps needed to be reamed (Dremel) slightly at the top to allow the clamps to sit lower, but enough material couldn't be removed from there, so I also took 2mm out of the dropouts, this allowed the wheel to move up enough for the brake block to sit in the centre of the brake surface :D . The next issue is the quick release on the brake clamp, this needed turning over (curved side at the top) so that it can sit higher, doing this puts the qr. lever upside down, so need to remove the snap ring holding it in place, then drift out the shaft from the lever , turn it 180 deg & reinstall it, then set up & adjust as normal.

Can do photos of finished set up if needed :xmas-big-grin: .

Back