Sachs Plasma rear mech

IDB1":1mbkyq0j said:
It arrived this morning and I'm quite stunned at the beauty of the thing..

Now.. I want to dress it up in some ano bits.. the hanger bolt looks different to a Shimano one, does it need a specific one?
Or could I use an SRP one (or similar)??

And jockey wheels. . do regular ones fit??

Not too sure about the Hanger bolt..but Jockey wheels are interchangeable. Your red ones will fit..so do shimano ones ;) ;) ;)

Mine with Control Tech jockey wheels .... hehe :LOL:
sach1.jpg

old_banger":1axp1mcq said:
IDB1":1axp1mcq said:

Now.. I want to dress it up in some ano bits.. the hanger bolt looks different to a Shimano one, does it need a specific one?

Not too sure about the Hanger bolt..but Jockey wheels are interchangeable. Your red ones will fit..so do shimano ones ;) ;) ;)

sach1.jpg

I had one of the BITD bought because of the neat cable routing.
It snapped clean off within a short time. Not up to the job of mountain biking IMHO!

was8v":1qwynbcz said:
Not up to the job of mountain biking IMHO!
Not a problem.. neither am I :LOL:

Mixed reviews on them, seems some lasted and some didn't. It'll never have a hard life with me and, if it breaks, it's only a tenner down the pan....

was8v":37qjgghm said:
old_banger":37qjgghm said:
IDB1":37qjgghm said:

sach1.jpg

I had one of the BITD bought because of the neat cable routing.
It snapped clean off within a short time. Not up to the job of mountain biking IMHO!

Haha..yup I do know the material may not take hits well....if yours just snapped off within a short period, it may be a one off case ? In my case I'll just use it and pop in some other rear mech should it fail on me.... :LOL:

My wifes univega has one of those on it and the sach shifters in wavy form :shock: still going strong after thirteen years :shock: :cool: and the bike sits in our back garden under a tarp all the time for eight years :shock: In my opinion it shifts as well if not better :shock: :oops: than my m950 :cry:

Back