Sachs Plasma rear mech

IDB1":1cal53fc said:
Do I need SRAM cassette and chain for one of these?

I have 2 of these for 12 years or more. No problems so far and still going strong. They're compatible & work very well with shimano drivetrain, cassettes, and chain. If you can find a set of Sachs Exteme or Wavy shifters will be ideal...they shift pretty fast and accurate once you have them set up properly. But do be wary that the Sachs Plasma is made of part Composite/ plastic material - they do not take impact well by the looks of it :D

So I don't need SRAM chain and cassette.. good-o :cool:

Don't want grip shift and want to go 9-speed.. would the bar end shifter work?
Does the shifter have to be SRAM?

It's highly unlikely it'll ever have to take a hard knock but I'll be sure to be mindful of its potentially fragile construction.. thanks ;)

IDB1":134030wt said:
So I don't need SRAM chain and cassette.. good-o :cool:

Don't want grip shift and want to go 9-speed.. would the bar end shifter work?
Does the shifter have to be SRAM?

It's highly unlikely it'll ever have to take a hard knock but I'll be sure to be mindful of its potentially fragile construction.. thanks ;)

Hi IDB1, as far as I know....they are shimano compatible....the current SRAM (then known as SACHS) branded ones may not work well with shimano parts.

For SACHS plasmas...they work very well with shimano drivetrain. As for bar end shifters I personally have no experience using them with the plasma..so can't comment here. I have a feeling they will work as intended! :D

Ta :cool:

I quite fancy the idea of the bar-end shifter with a Pauls clamp.. nice and tidy..

But if it'll work super-fine-and-dandy with Shimano shifters too.. bonus!!

Just gives me more options :cool:

IDB1":1ad530bk said:
Ta :cool:

I quite fancy the idea of the bar-end shifter with a Pauls clamp.. nice and tidy..

But if it'll work super-fine-and-dandy with Shimano shifters too.. bonus!!

Just gives me more options :cool:

The Plasma is quite a gem....don't be surprised it'll work with anything you set it up with....Try it! try ! Do post your finding here ya? Enjoy.... :D

It arrived this morning and I'm quite stunned at the beauty of the thing..

Now.. I want to dress it up in some ano bits.. the hanger bolt looks different to a Shimano one, does it need a specific one?
Or could I use an SRP one (or similar)??

And jockey wheels. . do regular ones fit??

Back