Saab heading for administration?

Re: re:

captain8track":1a5joi5g said:
Stiffen that baby up, and I promise you that a sad old 528 will be left in the dust...

Remember that the 9000 basically is an Alfa Romeo 164.

To be honest, even if the 9000 and the 9-5 is practically the same car, the 9-5 feels a bit better on the road. A bit more slimber, but we have one with some Hirsch upgrades in the suspension.

Still you have to compare theese cars with bmw, audis and other german cars that are way more expensive.

I agree that for value they are the tops, but it's an awful lot of power going through the front wheels so I suspect they'll never out-handle a 528 without serious expense...an Audi A6 is a different proposition as they are FWD too.

Re: re:

hamster":1y3o7sbh said:
captain8track":1y3o7sbh said:
Stiffen that baby up, and I promise you that a sad old 528 will be left in the dust...

Remember that the 9000 basically is an Alfa Romeo 164.

To be honest, even if the 9000 and the 9-5 is practically the same car, the 9-5 feels a bit better on the road. A bit more slimber, but we have one with some Hirsch upgrades in the suspension.

Still you have to compare theese cars with bmw, audis and other german cars that are way more expensive.

I agree that for value they are the tops, but it's an awful lot of power going through the front wheels so I suspect they'll never out-handle a 528 without serious expense...an Audi A6 is a different proposition as they are FWD too.

old 5 series are heavy - try a W126 S-Class with the 5L V8 - they are mental

Those V8 Benzes used to leave rubber everywhere..I think even pulling away from the lights took extreme restraint to avoid fireworks....

..they must have been terrifying on wet mini-roundabouts :shock:

hamster":1u0gue37 said:
Those V8 Benzes used to leave rubber everywhere..I think even pulling away from the lights took extreme restraint to avoid fireworks....

..they must have been terrifying on wet mini-roundabouts :shock:

I bought a 1989 560SEL, I was the 3rd owner with a full service history from new, wings were fecked but the interior was immaculate with the £9,000 reclining rear seat option, twin horns and everything.

£750 inc recent service and oil that was still gold coloured :shock:

I put new tires on the rear, saw an SEL sized hole in the traffic and pulled out, flooring it....

300BHP into one spinning wheel sent me into a perfect 360 donut with me ending up back where I started, lots of smoke and a very embarressed me at the wheel.

:LOL:

To keep it SAAB - my LPG toting friend has an R plate 95 converted to the latest spec LPG system - he gets his mileage paid for through his job. With a light foot he now gets the equivalent of 95mpg and a massive bonus via the mileage scheme.

Back