Rossin Pursuit Build

Paint Preparation.

Even though the frame had been previously blasted to remove paint, it had started to develop a surface rust over time so I had to get the whole frame ready for painting. This meant going through several grades of emery cloth to get the steel looking clean, smooth yet have a good enough key to paint on.

22120096166_4a005955cb_z.jpg"%20width="480"%20height="640"%20alt="IMG_6004">

21525168883_6c46928101_z.jpg"%20width="480"%20height="640"%20alt="IMG_6001">

In this photo I slowly revealed the outlines or impressions of the existing decals. A nice surprise!

Re:

if only I hadnt thrown out my Cinelli aero helmet im wearing in my profile picture you could have had it when you eventually hit the boards...you are going to test it on the track you have to :)
Darren

Re: Re:

Doubledee":3cln0t2p said:
if only I hadnt thrown out my Cinelli aero helmet im wearing in my profile picture you could have had it when you eventually hit the boards...you are going to test it on the track you have to :)
Darren

Ahh you threw it out?! That would have been great! I'm hoping to get it down the track soon for some photos. May give it a bit of a spin. The rear wheel is pretty old though and not sure if it's actually usable. I'll do a post on the wheels soon! They're very cool!

I managed to find the wheels for the frame. I don't know a great deal about them, but I have seen them being used by many russian track cyclists in photos from the 80s. From what I know, they're called either Fluidisk or '666' wheels but a Russian person corrected me saying these were called 'poct' which you can see in the logo.

I believe these are also made form Kevlar and have a nice orange glow when backlit and you can see the way the weave is layered. They're very unique wheels and I'm pretty chuffed to have found them for the build.

Sadly the rear wheel isn't in great condition. There is a little bit of warping on the surface. It's probably impossible to repair. The front one however is fantastic! Possibly one day if I find a identical rear in good condition i'll replace this one.

22115055936_63237a7ce7_z.jpg"%20width="640"%20height="480"%20alt="IMG_5260">

I've just read the whole thread - epic stuff! Fantastic effort as well. Will be following this from now on. Good luck!

I have the misfortune to work in composites,Kevlat o's notoriously awkward it is a hybrid{qualities are a cross between glass and carbon}and it delaminate very easily in construction and this is a very persnal description the resin seems to encapsulate it not penetrate the fibres like glass and carbon and separates from lay up easily if knocked or heated,anyway loved following the build

Just a quick question - were these available as a model or were they built specifically for the Soviet team e.g. ultra-rare?

cybernck":swstkogt said:
Just a quick question - were these available as a model or were they built specifically for the Soviet team e.g. ultra-rare?

Hey, Honestly, i don't know. I know that the american and russian track teams use to ride these. From reading some history about the frame it was said that this brought the two nations together.

''In the summer of 1983 Rossin bikes were used both by the Russian national track team and by that of the USA. “Rossin brings together Russians and Americans” became a slogan used beyond the boundaries of cycling.'' - http://rossinbikes.it/en/p/lenticolari- ... ra/#titolo

With regards to being sold for public to buy, I don't know. It seems like quite a unique and specifically developed frame. Not your average bike for riding to the shops or even for long distance rides. The ride position is very awkward and painful anyway haha. In all my research about this frame i've probably only seen about 5-8 that's been documented online. I have seen some geared versions however, which have normal forks and obviously have a stem.

2.jpg

Back