Rocky Mountain Winner?

Hi there,
Easy question with an easy answer.
I cannot find any record of this Rocky Mountain Winner? Am I right?
The decal of the brandname is on the toptube whereas every example I've seen is on the angular tube.
Also there is this dynamo hanger visible on the front fork.
Am I missing out or is it a less-recorde 90s hybrid?
Many thanks.

1668758129075.png

Hi MK one,
Always nice to read and discover that the internet is Worldwide, you are UK based?
Are you suggesting it is a long-forgotten English brand with hardly any info to be found of?
If so, do you have any leads?
Grz

Hi, I was going by the decals, that it could actually be made by Winner, I know they make bikes, not sure where they are from or if they made a model called Rocky Mountain though.

A quick search brings up a few Winner brands.

One thing is clear: It is not a Rocky Mountain. It has nothing to do with the other brand.

Winner was a bicycle company but not very popular so, perhaps is a Winner RM, but it doesn´t matter because it will not add any value or history to that frame. So, if you like you can assemble something nice to ride and enjoy and that is what it will make a nice bicycle, it will depend on how you built it and what is your plan for it. Annother option is a commuter, it will do the job with not too much money and attract little atention.

One thing is clear: It is not a Rocky Mountain. It has nothing to do with the other brand.

Winner was a bicycle company but not very popular so, perhaps is a Winner RM, but it doesn´t matter because it will not add any value or history to that frame. So, if you like you can assemble something nice to ride and enjoy and that is what it will make a nice bicycle, it will depend on how you built it and what is your plan for it. Annother option is a commuter, it will do the job with not too much money and attract little atention.
Thanks, slowly it became obvious.
The picture I posted was a printscreen of the frame that was put on for sale; obviously I'm not going to buy it anymore.
The search continues for a genuine one!
Thanks

Thanks, slowly it became obvious.
The picture I posted was a printscreen of the frame that was put on for sale; obviously I'm not going to buy it anymore.
The search continues for a genuine one!
Thanks
That is much better, ask before buying, not after buying 👍

You are right, that frame didn´t worth the effort to assemble. Good luck, perhaps a real RM Hammer or a Blizzard will be much better or other brand you like it. Take your time, to have the perfect retro bicycle it will take you some time, it is not like buying new stuff 🙂

To spot a real one, first you can check this area, this is very distintive of a RM frame steel or aluminium. If the top tube is in the same level as the rear stays, it is not a real one. That is the first thing, after that you can continue checking things like serial number, cable guides etc if the frame has no decals for example.

If you whant a Rocky mountain, try to find in good saphe because the paint job is quite nice and is part of the experience of owning this bicycles: they look different.

1.jpg

Last edited:
That the experience talking that I'm missing! But you are right, the search, the find, the negotiation, the pick-up and the first physical scan are the best parts.

Seen from that perspective, this must be a real one? Sharp priced with original forks but with a huge welding lump 😔

Screenshot_20221119-185613.png

That is much better, ask before buying, not after buying 👍

You are right, that frame didn´t worth the effort to assemble. Good luck, perhaps a real RM Hammer or a Blizzard will be much better or other brand you like it. Take your time, to have the perfect retro bicycle it will take you some time, it is not like buying new stuff 🙂

To spot a real one, first you can check this area, this is very distintive of a RM frame steel or aluminium. If the top tube is in the same level as the rear stays, it is not a real one. That is the first thing, after that you can continue checking things like serial number, cable guides etc if the frame has no decals for example.

If you whant a Rocky mountain, try to find in good saphe because the paint job is quite nice and is part of the experience of owning this bicycles: they look different.

View attachment 681427
A rocky Mountain build seems to be a logical step-up from the mid-range beauties that I've done so far (Marin Bear Valley SE, Trek singletrack 930, Cadex CFM-3 in the best color combination imaginable : shiny carbon, purple and white)

Maybe I should shift towards early 90s hybrids, due to my 1,93 mtr.
DiamondBack Overdrive?? Mmm, Koga Miyata Terraliner Carbolite, etc

Latest posts

Back