Rocky mountain. Which should (can) I choose?

Thank you all. Then 28,6mm FD. Seatpost, I have a nice 27,2 silver Syncros. I only can use it in an Altitude I think....

I found a pristine 1995 Altitude inc bb, headset and seat collar for 600€. Is it reasonable? I like it very much.

Attachments

• 15ec8053-4f8e-40a7-9386-913f9da84a4c.jpg
    15ec8053-4f8e-40a7-9386-913f9da84a4c.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 19
I found a pristine 1995 Altitude inc bb, headset and seat collar for 600€. Is it reasonable? I like it very much.
I'm watching this in my ebay Classified watch list since a while. Indeed very nice.
Personally I think it's still a bit too expensive, at least 100€ ideally even 200€ less and than it's very attractive.
Every now and then also a complete Altitude bike had been on sale in recent years around same 500-700€ price range.

For those of you in the EU, feel free to search Tutti and Ricardo - both located in Switzerland. The Rocky Mountain frames tend to go for a bit less here with some real bargains due to four different languages and people misspelling all the time. If there is something you like, let me know via IM and I can help facilitate purchase. I work from home so I have time. I helped a Retrobike guy from Malaysia recently buy a titanium Ibex Bowtie. My brockerage fee: cup of coffee and a hamburger at your expense.

For example:

For those of you in the EU, feel free to search Tutti and Ricardo - both located in Switzerland. The Rocky Mountain frames tend to go for a bit less here with some real bargains due to four different languages and people misspelling all the time. If there is something you like, let me know via IM and I can help facilitate purchase. I work from home so I have time. I helped a Retrobike guy from Malaysia recently buy a titanium Ibex Bowtie. My brockerage fee: cup of coffee and a hamburger at your expense.

For example:
Thank you! I just found a full XTR 1993 Altitude with Mag21 for 1550 €. Good price compared to 600 2 only frame. But seems like a 18,5" menwhile I need a 19,5 or so. I don't know what to do. But if I count all the equipment, it's worth 1300-1500€ minimum.... You put me in a difficult crossroads, and my wife in the middle!

I'm watching this in my ebay Classified watch list since a while. Indeed very nice.
Personally I think it's still a bit too expensive, at least 100€ ideally even 200€ less and than it's very attractive.
Every now and then also a complete Altitude bike had been on sale in recent years around same 500-700€ price range.
Most definitely overpriced, its just a frame. Person is a chancer. Just awaiting someone who wants it desperately enough to pay almost double the price that it's actually worth.

It does look in nice condition. Not the original headset though unfortunately.

Price is subjective of course. You could hold out for another in as good condition, in your size and for a couple of hundred pounds cheaper, though I seriously doubt that will happen. The frame is one of the best steel frames made and harder to come by these days, especially in good condition. If one came up in my size, and had the headset, though not entirely a deal breaker, and after trying to negotiate the price down a bit, I would still find it hard to walk away from for £500. You could always get them to remove the headset and RF bb for a cheaper deal, though make sure you get the seatpost clamp, probably harder to find than the frame :)

Latest posts

Back