Rocky Mountain serial numbers?

oldschool90

Dirt Disciple
T9310 2164 is the serial number of an old rocky mountain i bought yesterday

it also has rocky mountain right in the metal of the rear drop outs..

Im hoping one of you RM enthusiasts can help me figure out the year and model based on my serial numbers.

not much of the original bike is intact. Its sprayed silver and all decals are removed.
It has LX cranks and an LX front derailleur which is probably original and from pictures ive seen in the catalogs the seatpost may be too. Otherwise it appears to be a mix of parts. Manitou three forks. Araya rims. GT stem. Leadtech bars. I bought it for the parts mainly but im pondering the idea of using this frame instead of the rockhopper frame I was going to use.

thats if I can find out which model it actually is...

Oh and I have a RM vertex with serial number V11283

I have almost all the original parts. Or atleast what it had on it when I picked it up. It has the has disc brake bracket so im guessing its not a 2001 either so im totally confused.

any idea on the year? I thought I read that the first digits was the year but its definitely not a 2011 bike...

thanks

Re:

Does that picture help at all?

Yeah ive started thinking its a fusion and already started taking bits off to use on bikes I actually ride...

for the price it could have been a wal mart frame and still worth it to me... I didnt even know it was a RM frame until I seen it on the drop out...I figured it was a raleigh or something...

thanks and I can get better pics if that ones no good

cheers

Attachments

• 20140425_131129.jpg
    20140425_131129.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,094
Re:

Even if it's a Fusion which the colour if original may indicate, it's still better than a Clockwork or the average Kona

Re:

Not sure about color yet, but paint on now is not original...

I had to sand bottom bracket tube to bare metal, just to see serial numbers.

Unless they tried to match it up...I will do some more areas with the sandpaper and try and find a color underneath...but the BB tube was not primered. Was straight silver aerosol can job. So I may not find any original paint under it.

Back