Rocky Mountain projects

Mark.Wardyyc

Retro Newbie
Ive been saving up a few bikes for projects and its time to start. First up was a near scrap bike that was given to me; around 1984 Rocky Mountain Fat City Flyer and around 1987 Rocky Mountain Transpo. The Transpo is totally complete but Fat City is basically frame and fork. I know it has the wrong stem and bars in the picture but doesnt matter. Its not getting retro parts anyways.

Attachments

• 2015-12-14 22.43.03.jpg
    2015-12-14 22.43.03.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 530
Looks like some good projects to build up! I'm curious if that Fat City Flyer is from ~1984...I've seen the same frame listed online anywhere between 1983-1987, but no catalogues are posted before 1987 so It's hard to know what the correct dating are on those. Anyone have a pre 1987 Rocky catalogue to scan in???

Are you planning to repaint or keep original paint/decals?

I found 2 references to the Fat City Flyer in grey/ red from 1984 so I took this to date the bike. 87 was blue or Coke Red. The FCF has too much rust on it and I need to do a repair on one of the braze-ons so its going to be repsinted. Ill get it color matched first. I will try and save the decals but Jim is going to send me some tube decals. Ill build up the rest so if I can find parts, ill back date them to original.

The blue Transpo is almost good enough to leave the paint original and just pull apart, clean and reassemble it. Im ordering up some white shifter and break cable sets for it.

Mark

Latest posts

Back