Rocky Mountain Equipe.

Freewilly

Dirt Disciple
I'm looking at one and for some reason the hanger has "Ritchey" on it. Anyone know anything about this bike.
I know it's Tange Prestige tubing, but did Ritchey actually built these frames.

thanks,

Will.

Not sure. But the colour is Yellow and green. You might be right about the ritchey made dropout.

Like this

Yep ritchey drop outs, ain't she a darlin'. This one is a 1995, by the sounds of colour, assuming its original, the one you are looking at is earlier. I might be wrong it has been known.

Attachments

• rocky 5.jpg
    rocky 5.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 3,283
  • bitss 002.JPG
    bitss 002.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 3,281
Good job you know what the frame is made of, the seller does not.

1991 Green Yellow, thought it was a fade though.

Will go look at the other years.
I would ask for decent pictures first though.

Freewilly":7v08qof6 said:
I'm looking at one and for some reason the hanger has "Ritchey" on it. Anyone know anything about this bike.
I know it's Tange Prestige tubing, but did Ritchey actually built these frames.
thanks,
Will.
If you look through the catalogues that are on here you'll see that Equipes and other Rockies often had Ritchey dropouts. They also sometimes had Ritchey tubing (which was of course a variant of Tange Prestige). But they were never built by Ritchey, they were always built in the RM factory in those times.

Alternatively, get a picture of the bike you're looking at and post it on here and we'll tell you what it is. The Equipe was quite a high-level model but its purpose and position in the range varied over the years, including going from being more race-oriented than the Blizzard to less. So you can't really say much without knowing which year it was.

This one is from 1993, but with non-standard decals, the standard ones being green. It is made from Tange Prestige Ultimate Ultralight, which was one of the highest grades of Prestige at that time.

Attachments

• 1993 RM Equipe size 18.5.jpg
    1993 RM Equipe size 18.5.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 3,248
Back