Rocky Mountain Blizzard 18", Retro but not old.

Jason802

Dirt Disciple
So I'm having a change of bikes, reducing to one of each kind with definate differences between them so I've got one for each type of ride. With this in mind I've made a decision I never thought I would: I'm selling my Rocky Mountain Blizzard frame :?

It seems like a strange thing to sell such a high-performance classic, but I know I could buy another one in a couple of years and it'll be pretty much the same as this one :LOL:

Here's a link, if anyone on here fancies it: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Obviously all manufacturers measure their bikes differently, I personally own 16" and 18" frames that all fit me. My 16" Sanderson Breath has an even shorter seat tube than the Blizzard but almost 24" top-tube! I've never found there to be a standard logic across brands. :?

It's really difficult to judge on a bare frame but if you have a look at the fully-built pics, you'll see that the back of the top-tube sits about level with the top of the rear wheel. That's a compact frame! :cool:

Rocky Mountain happen to call this a 16.5" so that's what I've called it. Here's the full geometry table for the 2010, it's the same as the 2008, annoyingly it's in mm not inches: http://www.bikes.com/main+en+01_102+BLI ... &SCATID=57 and click the "GEOMETRY" link on the right. ;)

No, you're wrong. Rocky Mountain have always measured size by the seat tube centre to top, and your frame is a size 18.

I agree that it's compact, that's caused by the long seat tube extension, but I can assure you that a size 16.5 is even more compact than yours!

Put what you like in your eBay ad, a 16.5 is worth less than an 18 so you're not doing yourself any favours. But you might end up with a dissatisfied customer.

Incidentally, the 2010 geometry isn't in fact the same as 2008, as they made the head tubes longer for 2010.

Anthony, your status as Old School Grand Master is confirmed. You know more about my frame than i do. :oops:

Thank you for correcting me. I'd hate to miss-sell something of this value. I've got my ruler out and checked my tube lengths and I do in fact have an 18" frame. :oops:

Head tube wise the 16.5" has increased in length but the 18" is still 125mm so tha same as mine. Thanks again, I'll get the listing fixed ASAP.

Thanks again!

Nice frame, sorry you need to let it go. I have a 2004 and its my bike of choice from the rack

gump":1ncupcbq said:
Nice frame, sorry you need to let it go. I have a 2004 and its my bike of choice from the rack

I would keep it...I have a `99,bought it new in 99,it`s in my basement now,a true keeper.

Thought I'd give this one a quick bump.

It's ending Friday night (tonight!), which may be slightly unfortunate but I didn't work out the day when I listed it. :? I've got 40 odd watchers I'm a bit short in the bids department...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back